Security Installer Community

Annoying Random Beeping

barneysmum

Hi,

Have just moved into house and the alarm has started beeping at random. There is a small booklet for a Gardtec 360/580 which isn't much help.

I have turned Chime "off" and turned off the fuse in the garage but it still randomly beeps. It's driving me nuts! I have turned the fuse back on now as it made no difference. Is it possible to turn chime off for individual zones as there seem to be 3 zones but I can't see how to set chime for them one by one.

How can I either fix it or turn the whole thing off so the kids and I can get some sleep tonight?

Any advice would be appreciated - thank you!

P.S. Have checked log - nothing there and have set and unset alarm.

Is it deffo the alarm? - Its not possibly a smoke detector somewhere with a low battery is it?? Just check that possibility out.

Dave.

I also think this is a smoke detector battery problem. The only other thing I think it could be is a line fault.

If it's a single high-pitched beep every five minutes or so, it's probably a smoke. Alarm tones would probably be two notes or more.

I was just logging back on to say ignore me :-| ....it was the smoke alarm! - no idea why I didn't even think about that! If I'd done a bit more digging on this site I'd have found the answer before I posted - nice one with the quick replies though - excellent!

I was just logging back on to say ignore me :-| ....it was the smoke alarm! - no idea why I didn't even think about that! If I'd done a bit more digging on this site I'd have found the answer before I posted - nice one with the quick replies though - excellent!

LOL No Problem matey ;)

hi all,

this o/p's not alone, i bet we all get several call's a year for the same reason.

i loved a recent one who also inssisted it was the intruder system i had fitted, i said to remove the battey form the 3 smokes she had (i did not fit) and wait for 15 minutes and see if it still sounds, to which she replied indignantly "i can't do that - i might have a fire if i don't keep them in" :rolleyes: .

so exsplained patiently and advised her to go out and buy all new akaline baterie's - every year on that day.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
hi all,

this o/p's not alone, i bet we all get several call's a year for the same reason.

i loved a recent one who also inssisted it was the intruder system i had fitted, i said to remove the battey form the 3 smokes she had (i did not fit) and wait for 15 minutes and see if it still sounds, to which she replied indignantly "i can't do that - i might have a fire if i don't keep them in" :rolleyes: .

so exsplained patiently and advised her to go out and buy all new akaline baterie's - every year on that day.

regs

alan

we spent twenty minutes once on the phone with the customer walking round so i could hear the buzz coming from the scanner in the corner - turned out to be the bedside radio alarm

ps that was one christmas day

Archived