Security Installer Community

Bt Netlink 30 Door Intercom

Steady

Hello,

We have a BT Pathway system installed in our office.

We now want to add a door intercom to the outside world so that we can talk to delivery men etc..

I think the part we need is a:

"BT Netlink 30 Door Intercom"

I am having great difficulty trying to source one of these. BT seem to laugh when I ask them as though they have never heard of it. I have tried a few other companies on the net but they seem to be out of stock or it seems almost an obsolete part.

This is strange to me as the system was only put in a few yers years ago.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these?

Please help if you can.

Thanks.

Hello,

We now want to add a door intercom to the outside world so that we can talk to delivery men etc..

I am having great difficulty trying to source one of these. BT seem to laugh when I ask them as though they have never heard of it. I have tried a few other companies on the net but they seem to be out of stock or it seems almost an obsolete part.

Please help if you can.

There are other intercom systems that interface into existing phone systems if you come up blank.

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

There are loads of companies supplying Audio Entry systems that can interface into Phone systems. The most important thing to remember is the phone system must be able to provide an analogue extension (NOT DIGITAL) as there are hardly any Entry systems that can work with digital. Contact your local Security distributor and they should point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps

Richard

www.accesscontrol.ie

richard.huison@accesscontrol.ie

ACT "Where performance counts"

"Is your Access Control system Vista Ready?"

Hello,

Unfortunetly the BT Pathway was discontinued for new supply last year due to well above average sales (politics).

However parts are still available, the BT Netlink 30 works very well with the system but you can also use any intercom that works as a SLT/Analogue 2-wire phone as all extn port on the Pathway are hyrbid, Extn 23 is specially designed for Door Intercom and allows you to configure the ringing options and receive prompts when called by the doorphone to "open the door" etc if also using the relay connection.

I know someone who can still get hold of these, I myself am down to maintenance spares only so cannot supply.

I don't like putting peoples phone numbers etc on the public board but if you drop me a PM and will pass you details of someone who should be able to supply new for around

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

Archived