Security Installer Community

Sl Compact Problem

hi all

hope i'm in the right place. my sons house which has been empty for 4 months while up for sale but now sold the sl compact keypad has been freezing or the keypad going dead alltogether so to be on the safe side and not disturb the neighbours with the the alarm going off when no one was around i removed the fuse from the spur and also the 12volt battery from inside the panel.today as the new occupants are soon to move in i purchased a new battery,when it was connected all hell broke loose with alarm going off inside and out,the keypad does work with the new battery and i know its the right code but it will not silence the alarm.I closed the panel which i think shold reset the tamper spring also with the fuse spur in or out it will not turn off the alarm. what have i got myself into i was only trying to leave the new occupants with a working alarm.any advice would be most welcome.

thanks Geoff

I would strongly recommend you call out a Local Secuity company to have a look at it. Look in the Yellow Pages or do a web search for your nearest company. I wouldnt have a go at fixing it yourself as it could lead to more unhapy neighbours.

Regards

Richard

www.accesscontrol.ie

richard.huison@accesscontrol.ie

ACT "Where performance counts"

"Is your Access Control system Vista Ready?"

could be you panel has returned to factory defaults, in which case it will most likely need reprogramming.

if you have the manuals it will give the default user code's so try again and type the default master code and see if it silences it, thay will confirm it has 'defaulted'.

maybe the default program will work fine, but might need an engineer to set it up properly and check the system out, the new owners ar advised to have this done anyway and delete any old codes to protect both them and you from false allegations and suspicion should anything go missing.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi all

hope i'm in the right place. my sons house which has been empty for 4 months while up for sale but now sold the sl compact keypad has been freezing or the keypad going dead alltogether so to be on the safe side and not disturb the neighbours with the the alarm going off when no one was around i removed the fuse from the spur and also the 12volt battery from inside the panel.today as the new occupants are soon to move in i purchased a new battery,when it was connected all hell broke loose with alarm going off inside and out,the keypad does work with the new battery and i know its the right code but it will not silence the alarm.I closed the panel which i think shold reset the tamper spring also with the fuse spur in or out it will not turn off the alarm. what have i got myself into i was only trying to leave the new occupants with a working alarm.any advice would be most welcome.

thanks Geoff

sounds like a cable fault to your keypad or out of date battery draging your power down

Guest anguscanplay

start at the start and power it all down again then

power up mains first

fit new battery

close all open lids

try old code - soundr stops or

try default code - sounder stops

if neither code work its engineer time im afraid

sounds like a cable fault to your keypad or out of date battery draging your power down

Thanks for the advice i will go back to the house today and try what you say,though i will have to hope it works will my old code because the only instructions i have is on a A4 sheet with all the details in how to change the code,zones etc,but there is no default code number mentioned but thanks for that again.

ps- the panel is a sl compact 6 if it makes any differance

start at the start and power it all down again then

power up mains first

fit new battery

close all open lids

try old code - soundr stops or

try default code - sounder stops

if neither code work its engineer time im afraid

just come back from the house but it was still the same but only with using my old code because i have no default code so it looks like engineer time for the new occupants as i was just trying to leave them with a working alarm with a new battery not to fork out too much expence on a alarm that is not even my house.

just come back from the house but it was still the same but only with using my old code because i have no default code so it looks like engineer time for the new occupants as i was just trying to leave them with a working alarm with a new battery not to fork out too much expence on a alarm that is not even my house.

hi geoff,

imo thats the way to go really, their requirements are lilely different to yours, things like cupboards being moved wall's knocked down as most do, they will likely need an engineer in the near future anway, you could be chucking money at a small result.

advise them to get their alarm sorted as soon possible and leave it at that.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest rjbsec

Might want to let your son know what has happened - there may be something in the legal conveyancing bumf that stated that when sold the house would come with a working alarm, (it often states something about maintenance too!), and your son could be liable for costs if that is the case.

could be you panel has returned to factory defaults, in which case it will most likely need reprogramming.

if you have the manuals it will give the default user code's so try again and type the default master code and see if it silences it, thay will confirm it has 'defaulted'.

maybe the default program will work fine, but might need an engineer to set it up properly and check the system out, the new owners ar advised to have this done anyway and delete any old codes to protect both them and you from false allegations and suspicion should anything go missing.

regs

alan

I have been to the house again after reading the instuctions for the umpteenth time because it says the power light on the panel must be on at all times,well it was't so i tried another fuse in the spur but it was still the same all alarm system going off keypad working when pressed but it will not silence the alarm.

Archived