Security Installer Community

Menvier Speech Dialler 2

Steve K

Hi Guys,

Anyone tried to program a Menvier SD2 to overcome a call barring code?

I've programmed the number for the code, and as soon as it gets as fars as #34 the number unobtainable tone is received. It is a standard BT line, and the customer keeps call barring on for his son who has a tendancy to run up huge bills. Apart from having call barring permanently turned off, does anyone know of another option? I've tried putting a "," pause in the number, but it still doesn't work.

Thanks

Steve

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

Hi Guys,

Anyone tried to program a Menvier SD2 to overcome a call barring code?

I've programmed the number for the code, and as soon as it gets as fars as #34 the number unobtainable tone is received. It is a standard BT line, and the customer keeps call barring on for his son who has a tendancy to run up huge bills. Apart from having call barring permanently turned off, does anyone know of another option? I've tried putting a "," pause in the number, but it still doesn't work.

Thanks

Steve

Have you tried several pauses together?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Have you tried several pauses together?

Yep! Even tried just the first three characters with a pause between - as soon as the 4 is sent NU tone is received. The SD2 dials correctly. as it succesfully dials out with a telephone number including all those numbers contained within the code to remove the call barring, when call barring is not active. The problem only occurs when call barring is active. :hmm:

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

Yep! Even tried just the first three characters with a pause between - as soon as the 4 is sent NU tone is received. The SD2 dials correctly. as it succesfully dials out with a telephone number including all those numbers contained within the code to remove the call barring, when call barring is not active. The problem only occurs when call barring is active. :hmm:

Try Menvier Tech, there was a problem on SD1's calling orange mobiles, think an extra "0" at the start cured it. Can't remember any more then that, loooong time ago!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if it helps but menvier now have the SD3 which can use the pstn line or a GSM with any sim card gsm when call bar on pstn when not ??

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Archived