Security Installer Community

Scantronic Wireless Alarm

Mozza

• 10 months later...

Just found the forum and wondered if anyone can help.

We had a Scantronic 9752 with two keypads, 9930's I think they are.

The place has a door chime on the front and hard wired PIR's in various rooms.

I have a wireless expander 9960 and wondered if it's easy enough to add this into the current system just with the view of covering 2 outbuildings?

So this means just keeping what is already here with the hardwired PIR's, is this normal?

I notice there is talk of daisy chaining stuff, what exactly is meant be this.

Just fitted a new battery to the system as the other was past its sell by date but cant get rid of the lid tamper message on the keypad, is there a certain method to reset in order to get rid of this, I have punched in the reset code but it doesn't seem to be doing the business.

Also if we are able to add in the expander what PIR's would be available as the system seems to be getting on a bit and when search for certain stuff, dont seem to find it, any tips on where to buy perhaps

Thanks in advance

yes you can add the wireless expander BUT only if you currently have less than 32 devices on the system already it will also be governed by where you put the expander and how far away the out buildings are from it

Daisy chain (quick diagrame type thing below)

PANEL------(data line)-----KEY PAD----(data line)------KEY PAD-------(data line)----EXPANDER

after a tamper the panel needs to be re-set using the engineer code (if you have it)

although i would recomend you get a suitable alarm company to service your alarm system

before you make any alterations / additions

as for the name of a supplier you could try your local electrical wholesaler

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

Thanks very much for the reply. Yes the system is not huge by any means, only 5 PIRs at the moment and the outbuildings are not far away.

I don't have the engineer code, only the code I have used to reset it before, this has worked fine when PIRs have been tampered with but this is the first time had the control panel off to change the battery.

I spoke to the installer and he said it should reset it and that he didn't have a code for it.

He also tried to dial into it but had no success, he seemed to think BT 1571 could be the problem but he was using some overide but still no joy.

I no nothing about alarm systems really, 1571 wasn't set up before and BT were told not to add it but they have done as we have out own answer phone, but I think that cuts in before BT so maybe it was that causing the problem, any thoughts on this?

My user code seems to reset the tamper if I kill the mains and reset it on battery but as soon as mains power is restored the message appears on the panel.

With regards to the expander I have , the company I phoned said they didn't think this was compatible as my system is UK model and it would only work with EN models, but from searching the internet I cant seem to find reference to this at all.

How can I find out exactly what expander I have, I'm sure it's a 9960 but it's not marked, do they tell you inside, if so do they just come apart.

• 3 years later...

Wireless alarm of good business continuity is to buy a mobile. wireless alarm systems all food through wireless frequencies in a central area where a number of code tries to go beyond a certain threshold, when someone tries to enter your home unnoticed, or when the smoke begins to fill your house This gadget security. Another advantage of a wireless alarm system is that it does not take much to install: just make sure that the various components of the alarm over what should be detected and fed information and a central location.

Alarmanlage Haus

Archived