Security Installer Community

Scantronic Wireless Alarm

Mozza

Hi 1st post, great forum by the way, very informative! :yes:

I currently have a wired alarm (Texecom veritas R8 i think) and want to extend this to a new extension we've had done, but the old wires to the back of the house got ripped out by the builders. Haing looked around i've decided to go for the scantronic hybrid alarms 9751 or 9752, so i can use the existing wires for some parts and add a radio expander for the detectors in the new extension, without ruining the brand new decoration!

Firstly does this sound like a reasonably solution? (I know it's not the cheapest solution but its the easiest I can see)

And if so what is the difference between the 9751 & 9752, i know the 9752 has a proximity reader built into the RKP (9940) but is having this worthwile?

Finally are wireless shock detectors any good, I like the idea of putting them on windows/doors so any attempt to force entry sets the alarm off hopefully before anyone gets in, but are they more likely to give false alarms? Or are the door contacts better (although i guess they only go off once entry is acheived).

Many thanks for any advice you can give :)

cheers

Mozza

Guest anguscanplay
Hi 1st post, great forum by the way, very informative! :yes:

I currently have a wired alarm (Texecom veritas R8 i think) and want to extend this to a new extension we've had done, but the old wires to the back of the house got ripped out by the builders. Haing looked around i've decided to go for the scantronic hybrid alarms 9751 or 9752, so i can use the existing wires for some parts and add a radio expander for the detectors in the new extension, without ruining the brand new decoration!

Firstly does this sound like a reasonably solution? (I know it's not the cheapest solution but its the easiest I can see)

And if so what is the difference between the 9751 & 9752, i know the 9752 has a proximity reader built into the RKP (9940) but is having this worthwile?

Finally are wireless shock detectors any good, I like the idea of putting them on windows/doors so any attempt to force entry sets the alarm off hopefully before anyone gets in, but are they more likely to give false alarms? Or are the door contacts better (although i guess they only go off once entry is acheived).

Many thanks for any advice you can give :)

cheers

Mozza

would like to know too as just fitted our first ones

Scantronic 9751 is expandable up to 24 zones

9752 goes up to 32 zones, and comes with a 9940 rkp, which has a prox reader supplied.

714 Pir's are good, battery life 14 months, the new 700r range uses narrow band 868 mhz at 10mw

10mw is the power the detectors transmit at, this is 10 times what other makes transmit at.

This means much more range, ok battery life is only 14 months, this is the down side.

Shock sensors are very expensive, and are prone to false alarms if you fit them incorrectly, you must pay extra special care and think hard and long about every placement. PVC windows where sun may heat up and make them crack and distort even the slightest can set them off, do not install them acros joints in the frames. !

Stick with door contacts, and pir's you cannot go wrong.

Install the RX 9960 high up in the building away from metal objects (away from the panel!) for better range.

To be honest you should not have any worries with range, as the 9960 RX has a built in signal meter.

Best option:-

Install end station high up (say in a wardrobe) loft, fit RX a few feet away from panel, wire SAB and landing into panel.

Wire RKP into wardrobe, and use fobs to set the system. This way you keep all the wiring high up where it can be easily wired into the end station, the key pad only needs to be accesible if you need to add fobs etc.

This is what I do, many will not agree and do it their way, but the choice is yours.

First off scantronic wireless hybrid is very good

the only isue you may get from it is it likes to be wired in "daisy chain " configuration

E.G

from Panel to key pad (key pad address 01)

from key pad to wireless expander (expander adress 02)

and it should work fine

you can also get the wireless telecomand for the system wich will alow you to set and unset remotely

(sadly it wont work from outside the premises )

the wireless expander self asigns zone numbers to what has been Learnt on to the system so make a carefull to what number it gives the device

so you can programe attributes accordingly (occasionaly it misses the odd number out )

but basicly a good sound system we have been fitting for over 3 years and had no problems.

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

First off scantronic wireless hybrid is very good

the only isue you may get from it is it likes to be wired in "daisy chain " configuration

E.G

from Panel to key pad (key pad address 01)

from key pad to wireless expander (expander adress 02)

and it should work fine

you can also get the wireless telecomand for the system wich will alow you to set and unset remotely

the wireless expander self asigns zone numbers to what has been Learnt on to the system so make a carefull to what number it gives the device

so you can programe attributes accordingly (occasionaly it misses the odd number out )

but basicly a good sound system we have been fitting for over 3 years and had no problems.

why ever not we can get them to work, you just set it up that way

Always found them tempremental

sometimes they work a treat others its a sod to get going

so we just dont bother

it also cuts down on the times ive had call out when client says "i pused the thingy opend the door and the alarm went off"

so we just make sure they trigger the entry timer before they de-activate the alarm

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

good point, yes it's a requirement of UK class 6 requirements it is let the factory standard way, ie door to start entry, and fob to switch off after entry.

Scanny say its ok to star for rkp's & exp as long as you do not exceed 200m.

Ive always "Daisy chained them" and never had conflicts or issues

(one less thing wich could cause you grief = lower to non existant call outs total to date in three years 16 )

Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated!

From what you've all said it appears i'm on the right track which is encouraging and some very useful pointers too, hadn't thought about remote setting/unsetting before! Although now the bill seems to be growing very fast :unsure:

The final item i need to buy is a new bell box, the old one is well past it's best and caused a couple of false alarms last summer when it was very hot! Are Texecom Odyssey 3's any good and will they work well with the Scanny panel?

Thanks again

Mozza

Archived