Security Installer Community

Texecom Wireless Rx

sparkydom

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with the Texecom wireless network receiver? (868 or 433MHz)

Ive got one to fit for a job, and have tried it in various locations, but the reception is poor.

The house is a dormer style bungalow, maybe 25 metres x 25 metres ground area. Nothing odd about the construction, although some ceilings are foil backed plasterboard.

Just wondered if any of you had had any similar problems or range issues with this unit

Many thanks

Dom

I would be suprised if there was an issue, is there a way to increase transmitting power?

Alarm Guard is the master with tex wireless. :)

Or tex tech.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Guest Alarm Guard
I would be suprised if there was an issue, is there a way to increase transmitting power?

Alarm Guard is the master with tex wireless. :)

Or tex tech.

Thnkyou for those kind words young Adi.

You should have no problems. There must be something wrong with the equipment, or you have not set it up correctly.

I live in a similar bungalow, and when I first started using the Texe wireless I wanted to make sure range and obstructions wouldn't be an issue....

so I fitted the receiver at one extremity of the bungalow and then put a sensor in the wrong alignment in the glove box of my car in my garage which is about 15 feet away from the main building and at the other end of the building.

I tried everything to reduce signal, but it stayed good all the time

We have also fitted them in granite houses with sensors in seperate granite buildings on monitored systems and not had a single problem.

Paul

Hi

Thanks for the replies,

Im not using the unit with detectors, but with two of the 4 button keyfobs (for arm/disarm/pa etc)

I guess the TX power of these isn't that great (5mW ??)

The only settings to make on the RX is the network address, and the sensitivity setting for setup (-6dB). Even in normal sensitivity mode, the signal is down to 1 at the far end of the attached garage.

In the past with other wireless kit ive used or made up, it seems the only way to increase range is to add a better RX antenna.

Are the TX ranges affected by the TX battery level? The keyfobs are brand new, but its the only thing i can think of

Thanks again

Dom

Hi AG,

Its the network version. Ive various locations (powered from a psu and temporaily fixed).

Trouble is if I have it at one end of the property, the other ends recetion is bad.

Even mounted in the middle hallway, the reception at both ends of the house is poor (<2 on the sig strength, in normal mode not -6dB)

I spoke to texecom tech support, and they were not very helpful. The guy said " well looks lik the cutomer wont be geting wireless fobs then" Very unsual for them :-(

Im wondering if its worth trying to replace the helical antenna with a made up 1/2 wave or dipole version just to see if it has any effect.

Dom

Thnkyou for those kind words young Adi.

You should have no problems. There must be something wrong with the equipment, or you have not set it up correctly.

I live in a similar bungalow, and when I first started using the Texe wireless I wanted to make sure range and obstructions wouldn't be an issue....

so I fitted the receiver at one extremity of the bungalow and then put a sensor in the wrong alignment in the glove box of my car in my garage which is about 15 feet away from the main building and at the other end of the building.

I tried everything to reduce signal, but it stayed good all the time

We have also fitted them in granite houses with sensors in seperate granite buildings on monitored systems and not had a single problem.

Paul

Always kind words for you Paul. :yes:

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

not sure if it functions with the alarm yest. have only powerd the reciver form a small psu, and stuck it to the wall in various places.

The receive led always flashes, but the signal lvel is as low as 0 in some places.

might hook it up to the network and wintex and see if it can see the fob activations.

Nothng mor i can do apart from trying to change the rx antenna for one with gain. maybe a 5/8 wavlength or omething similar

cheers agin AG

Dom

Archived