Security Installer Community

Is it any good ?

Guest Pace Electrical

Guest Pace Electrical

Hi all, I am an approved electrician of 15 years exp based in Oxon and I am hoping to move more into the security side of the trade. In the past I have used alarm gear as supplied by one of our wholesalers (CEF) by the name of Challenger. They are a buying group who sell on other peoples kit via CEF. I have found this equipment to be installer friendly and basically reliable. My question is should I be looking to use equipment from 'better' manufacturers ? Is this gear any good ? I mainly plan to do small domestic installations. Details of Challenger products can be found at: www.challenger.co.uk Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards, Paul.

(Go easy on me !)

Most of the control equipment they sell seems to be the Cheaper Equipment that most of us would only consider for Budget Installations.

I wouldnt say any of it is ****, but i will say that i`d be looking at fitting equipment of slightly better quality.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I agree. We all have our favourites (see posts elsewhere) - for me Scantronic, Ademco-Microtec & Guardtec are certainly worth looking at. It helps the installer to stay with a restricted range as you build up a relationship with those manufacturers and gain a good knowledge base of likely faults. Use this forum for some great (& occasionally not so great!) views/suggestions.

cheers.

• 8 months later...

I for one would say it was ****, as is most of what CEF sell

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Archived