Security Installer Community

Securit 700l With New Intellisense Bellbox - No Strobe

Tim

I have a Securit 700L PLUS Panel (from C and K Systems) which was an original fit to the house. The original bell box had a problem with teh tamper and after 10 years I thought worth a replacement.

I purchased an IntelliSense AG3 external sounder/strobe and have connecte dup as follows:

Panel Siren Wire Colour

-R RTN - BLUE

BELL + HOLD + RED/WHITE (2 CABLES JOINED)

BELL - OFF - BLACK

-S TRG - YELLOW

-ST STB - GREEN

I have tested the system fully (alarm sounding, tamper on bell) LED's sounder alternating red/green but the strobe does not appear to work.

Is it possible that the control panel is at fault? Can I test this in some way?

Is there a way I can trigger the strobe directly from the sounder (ie by grounding -ST for example?) to see if the strobe it actually works? I understand I have to be careful with the DC voltage.

Many thanks,

Tim.

have you tried temporarily linking the strobe and bell trigger to check the bell box is ok?

I have set the bell off using the control panel (function CODE *9). The siren goes off but no strobe.

I have linked s- [TRG] and ST- at the control panel. NOt sure if that is what you meant. No luck with the stobe anyway.

put the strobe - onto the siren trigger by its self, you know the siren is working. if the strobe is not working after doing this, then logic says the strobe is not working. return the unit and get a new one. had this problem with a new box on a nexas 8 panel. wired the new one the same as before and it worked, never assume because its new that it is in good working order.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

put the strobe - onto the siren trigger by its self, you know the siren is working. if the strobe is not working after doing this, then logic says the strobe is not working. return the unit and get a new one. had this problem with a new box on a nexas 8 panel. wired the new one the same as before and it worked, never assume because its new that it is in good working order.

Mmm. Looks like its a faulty strobe. Will get a replacement siren.

yes thats what i mean but if thats hasnt worked then strobe looks faulty. get a replacement unit from the place you bought it from.

cjt

Just in case anyone has the same problem here is the solution (not tested yet).

The Intellisense AG3 comes in a number of versions but with the same common circuitboard. It appears mine came from Ventcroft. With the "CLASSIC" model normally the STB+ should not be in teh circuit block however, for a short period of time some "CLASSIC" models were fitted with a better circuitboard.

The instructions for the classic say "don't connect STB+" but in fact, it must be connected to a +ve. The fix is to either tap from HOLD+ or use STB+ from the control panel if available.

Hope that helps !

Just in case anyone has the same problem here is the solution (not tested yet).

The Intellisense AG3 comes in a number of versions but with the same common circuitboard. It appears mine came from Ventcroft. With the "CLASSIC" model normally the STB+ should not be in teh circuit block however, for a short period of time some "CLASSIC" models were fitted with a better circuitboard.

The instructions for the classic say "don't connect STB+" but in fact, it must be connected to a +ve. The fix is to either tap from HOLD+ or use STB+ from the control panel if available.

Hope that helps !

Well The Securit 700L is trying my patience ! Cannot get strobe to work with what I beleive is the correct wiring. I have tested the strobe by hooking up HOLD+ to STROBE+ in the siren and then linking bell -ve to strobe -ve in the panel. BINGO !! The strobe flashes.

However hooking strobe -ve from the siren to the -st in the panel does not flash the strobe on an alarm condition. Can this kind of fault appear in teh panel ?

I tried hooking -strobe from siren to -s (bell negative trigger but that didn't flash strobe on alarm either.

Is it remotely possible that the Intellisense Siren has different voltage requirements to trigger? I'm totally confused.

Any suggestions appreciated !!

Faulty cable by the sound of it, assuming when you put the links in in the panel the sounder still sounded.

Good point and I'll certainly test but why if I took the stb-ve cable in the panel and touched it on bell -ve would the srobe flash (no siren). I presume that means the circuit is fine. Connecting stb -ve back to stb-ve terminal block in panel doesn't work when siren sounds.

Maybe not then. Sorry, couldn't quite follow what you'd done.

No problem at all. I'm pleased to be able to bounce ideas around and I appreciate people taking the time to help me. I will double check all the wiring though although my gut says something is up with the panel.

I don't want to give up too quickly but my next question will probably be a recommendation for a replacement for the 700L.

No problem at all. I'm pleased to be able to bounce ideas around and I appreciate people taking the time to help me. I will double check all the wiring though although my gut says something is up with the panel.

I don't want to give up too quickly but my next question will probably be a recommendation for a replacement for the 700L.

could be the strobe op on the panel

Guest anguscanplay

just use the same connection as the sounder trigger this means the strobe will stop after the programmed time along with the sounder which is the way i have always prefered to do it,

leaving a light flashing for two weeks after an activation has the same enviromental impact as a sounder and can be a issue with our local council

just use the same connection as the sounder trigger this means the strobe will stop after the programmed time along with the sounder which is the way i have always prefered to do it,

leaving a light flashing for two weeks after an activation has the same enviromental impact as a sounder and can be a issue with our local council

Mmm I think you are right, especially as the keypad indicates teh alarm has been set off.

My only problem is I tried that (wired s- bell trigger and str- strobe from siren to s-bell trigger on panel and it STILL didn't strobe under an alarm condition which to me is most bizarre seeing as the siren goes off which must mean the wiring is correct.

Guest anguscanplay

just confirm the terminals at the external sounder

is there a strobe + terminal up there and have you shorted that to + hold

should have + hold @ panel connected to stobe + and 12v +

neg- hold@ panel to tamper feed and ov

neg- trig@ panel to strobe ans sounder trig

tamper @panel to tamper return

just confirm the terminals at the external sounder

is there a strobe + terminal up there and have you shorted that to + hold

should have + hold @ panel connected to stobe + and 12v +

neg- hold@ panel to tamper feed and ov

neg- trig@ panel to strobe ans sounder trig

tamper @panel to tamper return

Mmm what you say seems to be what I have .....

+12v Hold off [LABEL BELL+] in panel goes to strobe+ [LABEL STB+] in panel

+12v Hold off [LABEL BELL+] in panel goes to +12V hold off [LABEL HOLD +] in panel

neg- hold @ panel [LABEL BELL -] goes to -12v hold off [LABEL OFF -] in sounder

neg- bell trg @ panel [LABEL S-] goes to sounder trigger [LABEL TRG-] in sounder

neg- strobe trg @panel [LABEL ST-] goes to srobe trg [LABEL -STB] in sounder

tamper return @ panel [LABEL -R] goes to tamper [LABEL RTN] in sounder

You seem to differ at the neg- hold as I don't know where to connect them in the siren.

Guest anguscanplay

stop now

so that is four connections in the control unit but six maybe seven in the external box

+ hold to + hold then link to stobe + if there is one

- hold to - hold then link to tamper feed if there is one

- trig to - trig then link to strobe - trig

tamper to tamper

reading your o/p it does sound as if the sounder has a need for a 12v feed to a strobe 12v terminal which the old sounder probably didnt

:sign:

hi al,

i'm a bit late in on this thread and i hate to say this, but the o'p used *9 for bell test and the strobe on the new siren, and it did not work, but then i'm not that surprised. it's a bell test function, not a strobe test so am i getting warm?. i think the 700 has a seperate command to test the strobe.

1st stop really is to return the wirng back as was, fully set the system, then activate alarm or press a panic button (if available) look at strobe and hopefully violla.

//heads of to gain strategic defensive position behind convenient :sofa1:

regsd

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay

nope star 9 triggers

panel lights then buzzer then bell then strobe

sounds to me like no 12v at strobe terminal in sounder especially with red and white twisted together

Guest anguscanplay

ok try thisn when daytime

go up to external box disconnect green and isolate then put a link between yellow and the strobe - ve in the box

this will tell us if it is the cable

test by setting system then triggering remember *9 only sounds siren for 4 seconds so if strobe only flashes once every 5 you could miss it

just reread your last post if strobe flashes when touched to black in control unit just connect green cable into same terminal as yellow trig alarm the yellow terminal becomes the same volts as black terminal the sounder will sound if it does the strobe will flash

not been funny but somtimes you cant see them if you try in daylight

ok try thisn when daytime

go up to external box disconnect green and isolate then put a link between yellow and the strobe - ve in the box

this will tell us if it is the cable

test by setting system then triggering remember *9 only sounds siren for 4 seconds so if strobe only flashes once every 5 you could miss it

just reread your last post if strobe flashes when touched to black in control unit just connect green cable into same terminal as yellow trig alarm the yellow terminal becomes the same volts as black terminal the sounder will sound if it does the strobe will flash

not been funny but somtimes you cant see them if you try in daylight

I did wait until dusk (not too late though) and set it off with PANIC and watched the siren for about 6 seconds - no strobe. When shorting strobe -ve to 0V the strobe flashes about once per second so I'd be surprised if I'd missed it.

I have already tried green cable into yellow cables (trigger)-ve terminal block but it didn't go off.

I'll look again after the weekend. I guess I can put a multimeter across +12V and -ST on terminal block of CONTROL panel and I shouldn't get a voltage should I? If the alarm is then set off shoudl I get 12V to show that -ST in teh control panel is working?

I did wonder if it is a voltage thing and teh panel isn't quite giving 0V or something.

Many thanks for everyone's continued help. I'm sure it must be something strange.

Guest anguscanplay
I did wait until dusk (not too late though) and set it off with PANIC and watched the siren for about 6 seconds - no strobe. When shorting strobe -ve to 0V the strobe flashes about once per second so I'd be surprised if I'd missed it.

I have already tried green cable into yellow cables (trigger)-ve terminal block but it didn't go off.

I'll look again after the weekend. I guess I can put a multimeter across +12V and -ST on terminal block of CONTROL panel and I shouldn't get a voltage should I? If the alarm is then set off shoudl I get 12V to show that -ST in teh control panel is working?

I did wonder if it is a voltage thing and teh panel isn't quite giving 0V or something.

Many thanks for everyone's continued help. I'm sure it must be something strange.

have you moved the sab scb connector back to sab ?

if not could well be the problem

hi all,

i'm thinking with all the info thus far given with detailed testing and connection info, this is not good in a public area post as there are many such sirens and 700 panels out there. the o/p has a route to getting the strobe working.

any further issues should be dealt with by engaging an engineer.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived