Security Installer Community

Problems With Bell For Scantronic 500r+

fireyanth

Hi there

We have a Scantronic 500r+, with 3 wireless PIRS, 1 wired bell/strobe, and 3 wireless fobs/keypads.

Today the alarm activated in zone 2, even though the alarm was part set with this zone omitted. When the alarm did actuate, the bell only sounded for 5 seconds before silencing itself externally. The siren inside was sounding as normal.

I have since tested the alarm and have adjusted various settings, including resetting the system to default, but nothing helps (I have the engineers code).

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? We have had a few power interuptions this week, and each time the alarm has sounded (for only 5 seconds) despite having battery back up. Cound the battery be the problem?

Any comments appreciated.

Anthea

Hi there

We have a Scantronic 500r+, with 3 wireless PIRS, 1 wired bell/strobe, and 3 wireless fobs/keypads.

Today the alarm activated in zone 2, even though the alarm was part set with this zone omitted. When the alarm did actuate, the bell only sounded for 5 seconds before silencing itself externally. The siren inside was sounding as normal.

I have since tested the alarm and have adjusted various settings, including resetting the system to default, but nothing helps (I have the engineers code).

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? We have had a few power interruptions this week, and each time the alarm has sounded (for only 5 seconds) despite having battery back up. Could the battery be the problem?

Any comments appreciated.

Anthea

Looks to be a battery problem at first sight, have you means of testing it, bear in mind there are high voltages inside the panel and if you are unsure do not open it.

cheers

Looks to be a battery problem at first sight, have you means of testing it, bear in mind there are high voltages inside the panel and if you are unsure do not open it.

cheers

and WD with engineer test link still on :hmm:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Who fitted the system?

Err what test link? Just spun thru the engineering manual no links are fitted.

How can you read the eng manual when the make of bell hasn't been mentioned?

Who fitted the system?

How can you read the eng manual when the make of bell hasn't been mentioned?

Because i`m talking about the panel not the bell.

That would be the next logical step if the panel outputs are fine.

sussing out the panel first would negate the end-user getting up a ladder at first would you not agree?

Because i`m talking about the panel not the bell.

That would be the next logical step if the panel outputs are fine.

sussing out the panel first would negate the end-user getting up a ladder at first would you not agree?

I never said a word, JP mentioned the external bells and test link, you said you read the manual but we don't know what the bell is so I take it you were misreading JP's post.

I made no comment on how to do what or whether or not to scale a ladder, nor did I say I disagreed, and I do agree, check the panel end first, loads easier. ;)

I never said a word, JP mentioned the external bells and test link, you said you read the manual but we don't know what the bell is so I take it you were misreading JP's post.

I made no comment on how to do what or whether or not to scale a ladder, nor did I say I disagreed, and I do agree, check the panel end first, loads easier. ;)

Without taking this in the direction I think you are heading, there is a problem with programming if a zone omitted goes into alarm.

my reasoning was sort the panel then address the bell.

JP mentioned bell times, no mention of links if you check. One reason i checked the bell timers available on the panel, however there is no option lower than 1 min.

cheers

Archived