Security Installer Community

First Post

kitkat

Hi - I'm new to the intruder industry but am trying to get the best advice guess that why i'm on this site. Very impressed so far with the content. I've worked in lots of different industries and never had this kind of resouce and I hope given time i can also contribute.

At the moment I am doing C&G1852 intruder at a local college, take exams in June. Anyone have any thoughts on this course and its relevance to the industry? Recently I have seen a few job adverts asking for this qualification. Is it true that soon everyone working in security will need this qualification or similar?

Hi and welcome to the forum, you are doing the right thing by getting "qualified", many areas of this industry are advocating licensing for the industry, which may well require the obtaining of qualifications.

Although many will brush aside paper qualifications (and indeed there is much more to working in the industry than paper qualifications) it is a very good starting point and can only be to your advantage.

. Is it true that soon everyone working in security will need this qualification or similar?

I have heard the same from our apprentice from his tec

Hi KitKat

I started with 1852 security & 2360 electrical. That was 13 years ago and certainly opened a few doors, however as your career progresses you'll find employers take less notice of your qualifications and are more interested in your experience & reputation.

If you're young, stick with the exams, it's your proof to an emloyer that you posess the ability to learn. ;)

Remember above all else, you make your own reputation!

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

Guest Alarm Guard
If you're young, stick with the exams, it's your proof to an emloyer that you posess the ability to learn. ;)

Spot on .... Good, sound advise.

Archived