Security Installer Community

Omnicron 7000 Control Panel

IIB

Hi,

I have the Omnicron 7000 and find that whether armed or not, the internal bell goes off after a while. If the alarm is armed, the outside bell will also sound. When I punch in the code, the 24-hour LED is illuminated. Any idea what the problem could be? I don't think there's anything wrong with the contacts or PIRs.

Should I consign this to the scrap heap or is it likely to be something simple?

Thanks in advance of any assistance . . . IIB.

The 24H LED I believe indicates a tamper fault. Could be the panel, cable between devices or a device itself, or connections inbetween.

You really need to test each cable and device to narrow it down a bit, but beware, opening the panel can expose you to mains voltages ande great care should be taken. If you are unsure of what to do then really you need to be looking at calling someone in.

i would expect you have a problem on your.... 24 hour circuit

I would consign the panel to the scrapheap but on this occasion i think you have a tamper problem, just fitting a new panel probably wouldnt fix it

Thanks James. I was considering changing the panel. If it's potentially a tamper problem, what can be done to remedy it? Is it something a DIYer can look at? At one point, I considered just changing the battery. Is this something that can cause the fault?

Thanks James. I was considering changing the panel. If it's potentially a tamper problem, what can be done to remedy it? Is it something a DIYer can look at? At one point, I considered just changing the battery. Is this something that can cause the fault?

Unlikely, tamper circuits should go to each detector (door and PIR) AND the bellbox!

These circuits need to be tested with a multimeter and doing so means gaining access inside the panel where there is mains power so unless you are competent with electricity (competent = qualified not just, "I think I'm okay!) don't go there, get an installer in ... oh and get rid of the Omnicron.

changing the battery is only part of what should be checked on a service, but is unlikly to fix your problem, it appears you have a tamper fault and as above will need further diagnosis, I cant recommend calling in a pro as it has been noted you probably dont want to do that. Its a difficult one, i really cannot advise you delving further if you dont know what your looking for, trial and error is not a great way to fault find.

if it is a tamper problem, then ot could be anywhere, it could be the any of the devices that are connected to the tamper circuit. You will need to diagnose it further and isolate the fault to one of the detectors/sounders

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived