Security Installer Community

Overseas Technician Requiring Work Permit

I am a technician from Australia. I have a good knowledge of different systems and learn new ones very quickly. I have been in the industry for over 10 years working as an installation and service technician. I currently work in wholesale as a sales engineer with Honeywell (adi/gardiner in the UK). This position sees me advising and training the installers. It sees me designing different CCTV and Access control systems. I have a good knowledge of winpak, prowatch and Tecom (called something else in UK) and CCTV systems.

Are there any companies in the UK who would be interested in sponsering someone like me or is this something that does not usually happen?

I am a technician from Australia. I have a good knowledge of different systems and learn new ones very quickly. I have been in the industry for over 10 years working as an installation and service technician. I currently work in wholesale as a sales engineer with Honeywell (adi/gardiner in the UK). This position sees me advising and training the installers. It sees me designing different CCTV and Access control systems. I have a good knowledge of winpak, prowatch and Tecom (called something else in UK) and CCTV systems.

Are there any companies in the UK who would be interested in sponsering someone like me or is this something that does not usually happen?

If you work for Honeywell, have you looked at getting a transfer to the UK and asking them to sponsor/employ you full time?

Why on earth would you want to leave Melbourne Oz for the cold UK? PM me if you are hard set, I have quite a few contacts which could help, depending where in the UK you have decided to land.

Tell you what SWAP. We will go to Oz and live in your house and you can come to cold Pommy England and live in ours :lol:. Yes I know our Cricket team is rubbish, thought I would get in first :lol:

Dave

Why on earth would you want to leave Melbourne Oz for the cold UK? PM me if you are hard set, I have quite a few contacts which could help, depending where in the UK you have decided to land.

Tell you what SWAP. We will go to Oz and live in your house and you can come to cold Pommy England and live in ours :lol:. Yes I know our Cricket team is rubbish, thought I would get in first :lol:

Dave

Just one thing///how can our cricket team BE rubbish???????.........they have just won....whilst i will agree winning and english cricket team are not used on the same sentance much but hey that was a bit harsh :whistle:

Just one thing///how can our cricket team BE rubbish???????.........they have just won....whilst i will agree winning and english cricket team are not used on the same sentance much but hey that was a bit harsh :whistle:

They lost the ashes, live with it. :lol: The Cricket I watched was dismal, most school teams could have done better.

Dave

Thanks for the comments guys.

As for the cricket I dont have any idea who is even on the team. All i know is gillcrist if he still plays. Not alot of aussies are into the cricket. More aussie rules or rugby.

I am looking at coming over before july 2008. Is it a common thing over there where people get sponsered by there employer?

The part of Honeywell I work in is quite small and I am the most technical person in our area (Victoria). I went for another job in melbourne within Honeywell but got told by someone that they didnt give it to me because they didnt want to lose me from the section I was currently in. Even the person who got the job says that I would be better at it than him and he doesnt know I applied for it. Considering that I think it is highly unlikely that they would support me in an overseas move.

I would most likely want to be close to london. The reason i want to go over to UK is that it is easier and cheaper to travel, people speak english and it is not much different than Australia. It would be very easy to get settled.

I also heard that you guys are brilliant when it comes to CCTV. Would love to see some of this technology in action. I have seen a DVR from over there called the NICE PRO. It has some good features.

I am looking at coming over before july 2008. Is it a common thing over there where people get sponsered by there employer?

The part of Honeywell I work in is quite small and I am the most technical person in our area (Victoria). I went for another job in melbourne within Honeywell but got told by someone that they didnt give it to me because they didnt want to lose me from the section I was currently in. Even the person who got the job says that I would be better at it than him and he doesnt know I applied for it. Considering that I think it is highly unlikely that they would support me in an overseas move.

I would most likely want to be close to london. The reason i want to go over to UK is that it is easier and cheaper to travel, people speak english and it is not much different than Australia. It would be very easy to get settled.

I also heard that you guys are brilliant when it comes to CCTV. Would love to see some of this technology in action. I have seen a DVR from over there called the NICE PRO. It has some good features.

I am not sure on the requirements for entering England, but I am sure securing a job here will help.

As for London, its very expensive there, maybe you should look at somewhere like Manchester first.

http://www.tac.com/ it might be worth trying this company.

Archived