Security Installer Community

sparky

Hi everyone, Stuart (alias sparky ) here, fully fledged electrician working in TV industry in Manchester, into Amateur Radio and into electronics as a hobby, I sometimes fit alarms for the family etc, just about to change my panel from an Ohmnicron 9000 to an Gardtec 816 v4.1 fully programmable panel, so hopefully it works out ok. :rolleyes:

Welcome Stuart.

Your making the right move their, the GT 816 is an excellant panel.

Seems you also have simillar interests to me also, im interested in electronics, im a radio ham, just a G7 (morse is too much hastle for me), and ive just given up my amateur radio site in favour of this one. I used to run Bandscanner.com.

Anyway glad to have you here, enjoy your stay.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Typical I scrap my amateur radio site then find out that at my other site half the members are radio hams. :)

Hi lads G7MFK here we should set up a amateur radio section in the forums, there is talk of them scapping the morse test so we could become class A this year !!! thanks for the manuals Dave. :D

Yeah mate thats what ive been waiting for all these years.

I can easilly re upload the radio site, and its forum but i dont really wanna start swaying off topic too much with these boards.

Im G7PHN by the way, so you probably took your test the same year as me (92 or 93 I think..or was it earlier ?)

Guest simmo

Well I used to do morse at 22wpm in the army, a few years back now, does that mean I can join your gang? :P

cheers

Simmo

:lol: Can you detect Daves brummy accent-not like us up north !! ( will be going to Elvaston Castle radio rally june 8th ) ;)

Archived