Security Installer Community

Small Problem With An Esp Infinite System

John Hewitt

I installed an ESP Infinite system about 7 months ago with 3 PIRs, 1 magnetic contact and the Infinite WES (Wireless External Sounder). It's been a good system up to now with no false alarms at all and it seems to do everything that it should (perhaps I should also say [in case it makes a difference] that it's just a "basic" burglar alarm, no dialler, no X10 and no central monitoring - just a basic alarm system).

The problem I've got (started about 6 weeks ago) is that once in about every 20 arm/disarm cycles, it fails to trigger on entry. First thing that comes to mind, of course, is "did I arm it as I went out?" Well, I can categorically say "yes" - since it started happening I've been taking extra special notice to make sure that it isn't me forgetting to set it.

As I go out I press the "Full Arming" button and it starts the 30 second countdown (with accompanying bleeps) but about every 20th time I go back in, I don't get the bleeps or the 30 second entry countdown. When this happens, the panel looks as though it has not been armed and, looking in the event log, there is no record of the arming of the system from when I went out. To all intents and purposes, it looks like I forgot to arm the system on my way out - but I know I DID arm it. The next time I come to use the system, all works as it should do for about another 20 arm/disarm operations, then it'll happen again.

Any ideas or should it just go back under warranty?

cheers,

John.

Hmm, if it's only 7 months old I would be sending it back under warranty.

Play "engineer" with it and you could end up invalidating the warranty.

i agree with rjbsec,

there is a few things i would try,

while i admit don't know the features of this panel, so if it has it, program the strobe to confirm on full set, that way you will 'see' it actually sets when you leave the house.

i'm assuming a radio contact on the front door, if you have programed for 'final exit/door set' and the door contact is faulty, it may be the system is not setting as your not 'exiting' according to the panel (it not having received the door contact signal as you leave).

you could alter the program to be timed exit only, then test it out. but i can in no way advise you to trust a possibly faulty system as it may not work on a true intrussion, and i would be culpable of bad advice. so what i suggest is what i would try if it were my own home, but with no responsibility if you do the same.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived