Security Installer Community

Paragon Plus Pa Alarm

jmwhooper

I moved into a house with a Paragon Plus already installed. When I arm it the alarm immediately goes off and the PA LED on the panel is lit. There is a panic button in one of the bedrooms which I reset (I didn't have a key for this so had to open the button and move the little slider manually) however the alarm still sounds.

Any ideas, also where could I get a new panic button reset key from?

Thanks

I moved into a house with a Paragon Plus already installed. When I arm it the alarm immediately goes off and the PA LED on the panel is lit. There is a panic button in one of the bedrooms which I reset (I didn't have a key for this so had to open the button and move the little slider manually) however the alarm still sounds.

Any ideas, also where could I get a new panic button reset key from?

Thanks

there may be a break in the wire connecting the pa button to the panel. do a visual check of this wire. :)

also the pa button it self my be broken.

try connecting the two wires in the pa button and try again setting the panel. if the problem has being resolved then it is the pa button, if not it could be as i first said a break in the wire.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

You need to reset the panel, have you got the user manual?

I found a copy of the user instructions on the internet but can only see info on resetting the alarm. I've tried many times reseting the alarm but it's not working. I can't see a way of resetting the panel if you mean some kind of hard reset I don't know how that is possible without engineers codes.

In the meantime, I'll check the wire to the PA and check the PA switch in more detail too.

may i dare to suggest you start thinking about an upgrade, depending on the age of the panel.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived