Security Installer Community

Aritech Detectors

kalps

I am tryingto get hold of some aritech g620n's on a supply only basis, any suggestions where i can get these from.

I have tried the manufacturer directly (GE Security) but am told they only sell to security companies, is anyone aware of any companies i can get these from.

Any help appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

Guest Alarm Guard

The 620 was an inertia sensor... I believe they used the gold plated mechanical device together with a pcb anyliser board.

They looked exactly like the old mechanical ones, but with an LED added

Thanks for this guys, i basically need to replace some old aritech sensors which are not working well, and after reading around i thought the g620 the stand alone sensors will work well, as you might have guessed i do not know have the knowledge about these... i plan to ship these out to Kenya where we are having problems with our current aritech sensors linked to an anlyser and it does not work well...loads of false alarms,heavy rains setting them off etc etc.. I thought may be having the sensor individually controlled might help... once again i am open to options/advice or suitable sensors that could do the job.

Thanks in advance

we currently have the gs611 on, if that helps the panel is an optima xl6.....

Thanks AG, i dont mind using the texceoms... you are the proffesionals however would they just fit into the existing system? Once again where can i get these from , do you have any approximate prices for these and even if you had soem for the g620n's...

I'll try and dig around for some info on the texecom's

cheers

two have been paired onto one zone, 3 have been paired onto one zone, 1 is running on its own zone and the other two are taken up by the PIR and magnetic contacts. In total we have 6 vibration sensors, 2 PIR's and a magnetic contact... so if i am correct we need a panel with 10 zones or more... i was having a look at the texcom site and they offer the veritas panels... or can you suggest some good ones which are easy to use.

hope this helps.....

Guest Alarm Guard
am i the only one then that thinks he is gonna struggle to get a vibration detector to ignore a kenyan monsoon, but catch genuine vibrations. By all means have a device you can turn down but just getting it to not false alarm is the easy bit, with the kind of rains your talking i think you ought to consider alternative detection methods

James

Getting it right will certainly be a challenge.... and of course it all depends on the window frames. Solid, well fitting hardwood is ideal for these devices. Rattley, ill fitting, softwood frames will be a nightmare.

Archived