Security Installer Community

Nexus 8 Alarm Trouble!

francesco

Good morning!

Please please please can someone shed some light on this! I've recently moved into a new apartment and it has the Nexus 8 Alarm panel installed (which after reading some reviews here doens't seem a great unit!).

Anyway - all has been well recently with it and I had the code and it was working fine... THEN Sat I had a power cut!!!! :angry2:

So as you can imagine the alarm panel (not the bell) kept beeping and going through zones!! So I had the owner of the apartments who suggested to take the fuse out and which I did and I also dis-connected the battery to stop the alarm panel beeping....

So now I wanted to get it working again, so I connected the battery and fuse and now all it does is the panel just cycles through all the zones in a random order... Tried putting my code in and pressing escape... nothing... tried 1234 nothing... tried all the buttons and nothing... Although interestingly when I input 1234 sometimes it will give off a long beep and display -- on the panel and then carry on cycling through the random menu!! It's driving me mad! So I read here that it could be the battery so off I went to maplin to get mine tested, sure enough it was only pushing out 6v instead of the 12v it should be... So I bought a new one!

Come home, hook it up and put the alarm fuse back in and exactly the same thing all it does is go through the random zones and whatever I press doesn't have any effect, apart from 1234 and it lets out a 2second beep and if I press Esc, or No when its doing that nothing happens anway! I also tried taking the AUX fuse out and putting that back in but again it's had no effect...

RAAAAR it's driving me crazy please help me, if anyone knows any procedure to de-activate and activate the whole system I'd be most appreciative... Or are there any technical help-lines I can call, or would anyone be kind enough to talk me through what I can try? I can't really afford to get an engineer out as there gonna charge me a alarm and a leg, so if anyone can help please let me know I'd be most gratefull! :)

Thanks for your time.

The system sounds as though it needs a default back to factory settings and reprogramme maybe, unfortunately, this information cannot be given out in the public sections due to the site rules.

In this instance it would be best to call an alarm company out to reset and service the system. Sorry, I know it's not what you want to hear :(

The system sounds as though it needs a default back to factory settings and reprogramme maybe, unfortunately, this information cannot be given out in the public sections due to the site rules.

In this instance it would be best to call an alarm company out to reset and service the system. Sorry, I know it's not what you want to hear :(

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated! Oh no really? Dam it nothings ever straight forward is it! :( Surely a power cut shouldn't mess up your alarm, Nexus 8 systems are a pile off poo then clearly! If someone would be willing to help me if I call you, I'd be most gratefull! Does anyone know if Nexus 8 have a technical line or something as I can't go through this if I have another power cut.

Thanks for your response much appreciated.

post your details on here and im sure someone in the local area will contact you about this

regards

cjt

Fantastic thanks... Im located in Northampton on Weedon Road apartments. Email is fran underscore is underscore cool @ hotmail.com (I know ultra cheesy!!!!) :rolleyes: Any help appreciated, am fairly competent in disconecting the fuse, battery, lid etc.... Thanks so much, I really need to get it going again as its part of my house insurance terms! Yikes!

A power cut will mess up a lot of intruder alarm systems due to lack of maintenance.

A poor alarm panel is like a women, if you dont look after it with care she gets the hump. :whistle:

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

A power cut will mess up a lot of intruder alarm systems due to lack of maintenance.

A poor alarm panel is like a women, if you dont look after it with care she gets the hump. :whistle:

Thanks for that! Does anyone know why fitting new battery hasn't solved my problem? Surely I would of thought it would have, as it was on its way out... (Now replaced with a new one from maplins.) cheers.

Thanks for that! Does anyone know why fitting new battery hasn't solved my problem? Surely I would of thought it would have, as it was on its way out... (Now replaced with a new one from maplins.) cheers.

Has the old battery damaged the charging circuit?

Maybe the system has just crashed and needs a full poer down up and reset but will this leave you without a usable alarm because you cant reprogramme it without a manual?

Maybe it will never recover?

I know this does not help you but till someone who knows what to look for and tests it, we'll never know.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Has the old battery damaged the charging circuit?

Maybe the system has just crashed and needs a full poer down up and reset but will this leave you without a usable alarm because you cant reprogramme it without a manual?

Maybe it will never recover?

I know this does not help you but till someone who knows what to look for and tests it, we'll never know.

Oh no please don't say that that's the last thing I need!

Any ideas how to perform a full power down and up procedure? At the moment I've dis-connected the battery, and taken the main alarm fuse out so there's no power at the contol panel,and the green light on the circiut board inside the alarm panel is off to so that's got no power either... If you can't diclose this info on here can someone please email me on fran underscore is underscore cool@hotmail.com Id really appreciate it please!

Archived