Security Installer Community

scantronic 9751

abbz

in process of looking to install a one off radio system as customer very adamant on not seeing cables. have used menvier ts690r before but gave nothing but problems seeing that i didnt do my homework and invest in a signal strength meter. (so much for the lick it and stick it saying). viewing scantronic 9751 series panel i read that the rfx interface comes with a built on signal strength meter, so just wondering whether anyone has come across any problems when installing them or if theres any hidden gremlins that people have come across when using them.

Hi,

Scantronic 9751 is a great panel and the RFX expander module is simple to program. Obviously the bell, Keypad and speaker all need hard wiring from the control panel as does the RFX module. The best place to site the RFX module is as high as possible and most central in the property. Therefore, assuming you are installing in a hose, your best option would be to install the CP and RFX module inthe loft area, cavity drop runs for the bell and RKP and forget the speaker (RPK has one built in, although very quiet).

It is simple enough to program all the detection devices into the system. Select the required zone on the RFX and trigger the tamper on the detection device whilst pointing its led at the RFX module. Then mount the unit in its position and the RFx will show a number between 1 and 6 as a signal strength.

Scantronic prefer that you are trained to fit the RFX modules however.

In all, its a great system and will impress your customer if installed correctly.

Service Engineer

My opinions may not reflect those of my employer, managers, colleagues, customers, friends, family or pet rabbit.

thx warwick for ur advice on the matter, ive managed to obtain one and have started to program and test it and it all seems straight forward, guess proof is when it gets installed!!

Archived