Security Installer Community

Security Advice

hello there...I am soon to move into my new home and have had some bad occurances at the old one and would love some advice on all aspects of security for my new home. I am interested in a multi web cam security system but have no idea how much this will cost. Any other tips on home security would be welcolmed. many thanks.

bealie

hello there...I am soon to move into my new home and have had some bad occurances at the old one and would love some advice on all aspects of security for my new home. I am interested in a multi web cam security system but have no idea how much this will cost. Any other tips on home security would be welcolmed. many thanks.

bealie

Two ways to look at security, physical like good locks, solid doors, prickly hedges, big ugly nasty hungry dog who likes you only!

The other is deterent, alarm, CCTV, security lighting. Idealy a good mixture of the two. A sad but true fact I often explain to people is that if you have an alarm fitted and your nearest neighbour does not then they will get a break in before you do.... If everyone has an alarm that does not follow....

Depends on the area, is it good/bad for crime, druggies will break in anywhere they can even if you are asleep upstairs. CCTV is ok but remember it may simply record you loss of TV/PC etc and if you were daft enough to leave it on show your DVR/switcher would be nabbed as well!

An alarm system fitted by a localy recognised firm will keep most of the bad guys away, they know which ones are diy.....

Think about keyholder response if the alarm activates, can be full blown police or simple voice dialer. Cost depends on what you want, how many cameras, what sort of recording device etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived