Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 Cpmpact- Control Box Faulty?

Spenceandsian

hello everyone on these boards

i am a new poster and joined up in the hope i will get some sort of help with my problem....

Basically i have a Veritas 8 compact control panel and an alarm box at the front of the house. The alarm is newly installed (22nd December2006) BUT i have had probs this morning with it and wondered WHAT?? it could be...

Very Early this morning at around 5am the control panel sounded an alarm that i orig thought was the full alarm. But on checking outside it was only the INTERNAL alarm sounding, so i put in my code and pressed reset and it seemed to be ok. There was no broken entry zone lights flashing either.

Then again this morning at around 8am it went off again BUT this time i couldnt silence it for love nor money! I put in my code and reset (not working) tried to follow the booklet that came with it but still nothing.

What i can see is both the TAMPER and UNSET lights flashing at the same time and all the PIR's in the house are permanently on.

Have tried calling the alarm people but no answer :(

Is there any suggestions as to what it could be in the meantime.....it is a new alarm and was serviced at the same time.....there was no reason for it to go off last night or this morning- Only thing we are lucky for is that its not the external box sounding :blink:

cheers for replies in advance

Sian and Spencer

Hi ,

Sounds like a supply problem , have you had a power cut or is there an MCB that has tripped?.Best to get the installer back asap and check it over.

BTW if it was part set , then there is an option for the internal sounder only to sound.

Regards.

Archived