Security Installer Community

Accenta G3 System

Hi all

If anyone can help we'd be extremely grateful.

We've just moved into a house where an Accenta G3 (with 2 keypads and a mini 8 control box) was put in by the previous occupant. All was well until this month, when the external bell/siren keeps going off while we are sat inside the house and the alarm isn't even armed! It's happened 3 times now (once at 3am...). After the second we had a guy in and he replaced the sounder and the battery. Tonight he's turned off the tamper circuits. All through the times when it went off, the control panels showed no tamper fault (or any other sign it was all kicking off) and when the code was put in, it tried to set itself! The bell eventually goes off after about 20-30 minutes.

I'm stumped, and don't now trust my alarm. My neighbours aren't ever so happy either I bet.

Any clues?

cheers

bobness

it sounds like the tamper return has been linked out in the panel which would explain why the panel is not activating when the sab goes off.

if the sab is still activating during day mode after he has replaced the sab and the battery then i think you need to call him/someone else to investigate further. you could have a possible cable fault.

Trade Intruder

you said tonight he has turned of all the tampers, i dont understand why he has done that? if the sab is ringing with nothing else going of then the sab tamper return would have already been linked out.

as alarm guard has said, if you have paid for an engineer to correct a fault on your system and the fault is still occuring then you should get them back.

Trade Intruder

I'm not questioning the symptoms. I just wondered why he wasn't straight back on the phone to the alarm company.

I was. That's when he disconnected the tamper circuits return things. You'll have to forgive me, I'm not up with the tech talk, and can just about wire a plug. It's been OK since, but it normally goes at least a week before deciding to go off again...

It was installed/wired by a well informed (NCB trained sparky) amateur, who rewired, plumbed and built an extension at the same time.

Major issue is - all appears well on the system, it's not even armed, but the bell/sounder goes off for 20+ minutes without anything else "happening" on the panel, then turns itself off. I can't turn it off once it goes off. Repair man (SSAIB badged) is still not 100% sure why it's doing it, I don't think, so we're experimenting.

Can anyone (AaronMay) explain the Induced AC thing?

Thanks everybody, I'm very grateful.

On a personal note, anyone recommend an engineer/repairer in Nottingham? (North of the centre)

Thanks again

Bobness

Archived