Security Installer Community

Lone Working

DAVE IN KENT

health and safety take prcendance here. if you are not happy with working there , say so, and your employer will have to take measures to ensure your safety

If you are not happy then dont do it, contact your local HSE and they will tell you if it is okay for 'lone working' (its only a phone call and they might even know the site). But from what you have explained its a 'no no'. We are sub contractors and are often told there is no 'lone working' on jobs that we have priced, I think it is common sense if no one is around regardless of chemicals then you should not work on your own if you have an accident then its down to you.

Keep safe

Kev

my ladders are broken at the minute and i wont use them, told my manager and he is getting me new ones. that was 3 months ago. still dont use them though.

some employer flount the law to make a profit and you should be aware that YOU are the one that gets injured, not the boss who is sat at his desk drinking tea.

he will still be able to pay for his bills if you decided to take a risk and die from doing something you feel to be unsafe

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

southern water are excellent with health and safety, if anything they take it a bit to far, but better that than being pit in danger.

if you went into an area that you needed a gas detector without one then it would be your fault if you had been injured.

Trade Intruder

The site i am on at present will not allow one person to work alone in confined spaces or students rooms.

My Wife does not want me being in a confined space in a students room either :rolleyes:

confined space should have 2 engineers, i think if the rules are followed to the word 1 engineer should be outside the confined space to assist the other if something happens.

i think the student rooms rule is a bit unfare!

Trade Intruder

confined space should have 2 engineers, i think if the rules are followed to the word 1 engineer should be outside the confined space to assist the other if something happens.

i think the student rooms rule is a bit unfare!

it's in case a student makes any false accusations

i.e i had

• 4 weeks later...

When i worked for the above company that was mention, i worked on a lot of seeboard sites installing TDSi and Intruder alarms linked to the gates, I'm going back 5 years ago, But they wouldn't give me another person to assist / work with me on the site.

I would like to think that the company has moved on and complies with local H+S rules.

I belive you have the right to express your views on any think as long as you don't go in with all guns blazing.

regards

Trade Member

Archived