Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 Part Set Tone

andytw

Hi,

Have just installed a Veritas 8. All is fine but when I do a part set I just get a clicking noise rather than a bleep.

Silent part set is not enabled.

Internal volume is turned up.

When panel has been set with part set then when an an entry is made it causes the same clicking rather than an entry tone.

Should part set give the same exit/entry tones as full set ??

Thanks,

andytw

Guest Alarm Guard
Hi,

Have just installed a Veritas 8. All is fine but when I do a part set I just get a clicking noise rather than a bleep.

Silent part set is not enabled.

Internal volume is turned up.

When panel has been set with part set then when an an entry is made it causes the same clicking rather than an entry tone.

Should part set give the same exit/entry tones as full set ??

Thanks,

andytw

The clicking noise is correct. It is intended to avoid disturbing anyone asleep and differentiate between full and part set

The clicking noise is correct. It is intended to avoid disturbing anyone asleep and differentiate between full and part set

Hi Alarm Guard,

Thanks for that. Bit dissapointing though.

With my previous panel (Pyronix) I would use the part set at night with ALL zones set as Entry, then any triggers would only sound the Entry tone for 30 seconds, giving me enough time to get the lights on and kill the alarm before the neighbours got woken.

This is, of course, a good idea for a false alarm, but a bad idea if there is a knife wielding maniac in the house.

Another approach I think.

WRT the clicking not disturbing anyone asleep I was going to use the 'Silent Part Set' for that.

I was presuming it is only silent on the set.

Thanks again,

andytw

Guest Alarm Guard
Hi Alarm Guard,

Thanks for that. Bit dissapointing though.

With my previous panel (Pyronix) I would use the part set at night with ALL zones set as Entry, then any triggers would only sound the Entry tone for 30 seconds, giving me enough time to get the lights on and kill the alarm before the neighbours got woken.

This is, of course, a good idea for a false alarm, but a bad idea if there is a knife wielding maniac in the house.

Another approach I think.

WRT the clicking not disturbing anyone asleep I was going to use the 'Silent Part Set' for that.

I was presuming it is only silent on the set.

Thanks again,

andytw

During the part set entry time.... the sounder will start beeping louder for the last 10 seconds. If you have selected EN50131 settings the internal sounder will then sound and the external sounder will follow 30 seconds later. If you haven't selected EN50131 the internal and external sounders will both operate when the entry timer elapses.

Archived