Security Installer Community

Bt Home Hub

avcctv

I was asked to set up a new wireless hub for a friend.

So I did the usual installed the wireless adaptor in Pc, connected the hub and checked for broadband and wireless lights etc. Booted up pc did a site survey and picked up 5 local connections (all encrypted), however the hub I was looking for didn't appear and upon refreshing a few times it lost some and gained others, eventually the one I needed turned up and I locked on to it.

Five minutes later it disappeared and reappeared a number of times. I then went home and got my laptop just to confirm if it was the pc card or the hub. My pc had the same trouble on its usually rock solid in built adaptor. This pointed me in the direction of the hub being shot on the wifi side. As a last resort I connected via USB and managed to get a connection, however it was chugging like a good one.

My verdict was that the hub was duff and got friend to ask for a new one.

Has anyone on here had this sort of problem with a BTHomeHub??

The older I get, the faster I was.

Did you press the wireless access key on the back of the hub you need to do this. I have a BT HUB at home which runs my computers and my BT Vision Box

Did you press the wireless access key on the back of the hub you need to do this. I have a BT HUB at home which runs my computers and my BT Vision Box

Yes Mate

I exhausted all options I think.

I gave up with the wretched thing. I use it as a bookend at the moment.

Ended up getting a Belkin which has been fine (although I have had similar issues with nearly every brand in the past).

Good luck!

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

i had loads of problems , loads of calls to bt help . there answer was to send me two new hubs. i did not want new ones, i wanted one that worked, finally i got the third one and it is still working to this day, good old bt, got a problem, solution throw money at it until it goes away, problem solved.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

i had loads of problems , loads of calls to bt help . there answer was to send me two new hubs. i did not want new ones, i wanted one that worked, finally i got the third one and it is still working to this day, good old bt, got a problem, solution throw money at it until it goes away, problem solved.

That's what I thought would be the solution, when I read the made in China label I knew it was gonna give me trouble.

That's what I thought would be the solution, when I read the made in China label I knew it was gonna give me trouble.

I have worked on a number of these whilst setting up remote access to telephone systems onsite and yes they are ****.

You can only set forwarding rules etc to known Names for IP addresses the BT Hub/Router has automatically detected which is no good for sme devices - however there is a non-documented engineer access which allows you to ping the IP address you need to find and then you can forward ports or whatever you need to do as it will be shown in the detected list.

Complete PITA though the whole thing.

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

Archived