Security Installer Community

Cover Removed From Sensor

tyndyll

Hi all,

as you can see by the join date I am here out of desperation! We have just moved into a house with a Veritas 8C alarm system and no instruction manual (they just about left a code). We are decorating at the moment and to get paint into the corners I in my infinite wisdom tried to remove the sensor from the wall by taking off the face plate. This has resulted in the alarm box itself screaming at me. Can someone tell me how to reset it (the faceplate of the sensor is now back on) and how to avoid this happening again!!!

Thanks

Tyndyll

****UPDATE****

It has just stopped.. I don't know what that means but its a lot quieter now.

PS Hello to everyone, sorry for the frenzied introduction!

As Ribs said, the system is doing what it should. Your lucky to have one that does the right stuff, assuming it was a DIY jobbie. Get a local pro in to give it a look over, might even lower your insurance premium.

cheers

*embarrased*

well, we *think* the code works. When we first walked in we entered the code we were given and it seemed to work i.e. no whirring lights, so to be honest we just assumed. It may equally be the case that it wasn't on in the first place. I've no idea to be honest - this is the first burglar alarm I've ever had installed where I live (previously I've had little worth stealing, unless you count my extensive Pratchett colelction...) so I know very little about them. We've mostly been in since we got the house so we haven't tried setting it...

What hasn't helped is the contact number on the alarm doesn't go anywhere - number you have dialed has not been recognised...

cheers for the speedy replies guys. Any recommendations for engineers in the Northern Ireland area?

*embarrased*

well, we *think* the code works. When we first walked in we entered the code we were given and it seemed to work i.e. no whirring lights, so to be honest we just assumed. It may equally be the case that it wasn't on in the first place. I've no idea to be honest - this is the first burglar alarm I've ever had installed where I live (previously I've had little worth stealing, unless you count my extensive Pratchett colelction...) so I know very little about them. We've mostly been in since we got the house so we haven't tried setting it...

What hasn't helped is the contact number on the alarm doesn't go anywhere - number you have dialed has not been recognised...

cheers for the speedy replies guys. Any recommendations for engineers in the Northern Ireland area?

I`m in London but if your pratchett collection is larger than mine i`ll rob ya..............

Oops......................

Hang about there are a few installers about your neck of the woods who will i`m sure accommodate your needs.

Keep looking here its a wealth of info.

cheers

number not recognised lol, bet this guy was the cheapest around and has since gone bust. Get a profesional thats been about a while (ie more than 5 years) and i would say get an approved company too

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

number not recognised lol, bet this guy was the cheapest around and has since gone bust. Get a profesional thats been about a while (ie more than 5 years) and i would say get an approved company too

James is on the look out for a cheap holiday again :P

cheers

Archived