Security Installer Community

Scantronic 500r+ And Sounder

As I've just installed this alarm, any ideas where I can wire an aditional internal speaker into the panel?

Does the existing speaker have to be disconnected to fit the new (remote) speaker, or can both be connected in parallel?

manual says that you can add an additional 9040 speaker via terminal block to the existing speaker wiring.

Visit our website www.alarmsonline.co.uk

manual says that you can add an additional 9040 speaker via terminal block to the existing speaker wiring.

These terminals are not on my panel/manual?

I've got O/P 1 & 2 (communicator)

And all the usual bell connections, 12V, Bell, STR,TR and 0v

No speaker terminals :angry2:

Any ideas?

www.randall-hodgkinson.co.uk

I think it means you cut one of the legs of the existing speaker wire and insert your own terminal block. Wire your 16 ohm speaker into these in parallel with the existing.

I think it means you cut one of the legs of the existing speaker wire and insert your own terminal block. Wire your 16 ohm speaker into these in parallel with the existing.

The internal loudspeaker built into the panel will either be wired into two terminals on the pcb. Remove one and connect that in a connector block to one of your extention speaker wires and put the other extention speaker wire in place of the wire you removed from the built-in speaker. That should do it. The manual states the speakers must be in series ie daisy chain.

Visit our website www.alarmsonline.co.uk

The internal loudspeaker built into the panel will either be wired into two terminals on the pcb. Remove one and connect that in a connector block to one of your extention speaker wires and put the other extention speaker wire in place of the wire you removed from the built-in speaker. That should do it. The manual states the speakers must be in series ie daisy chain.

Ok - understand that - The current speaker is wired onto the pcb via a "molex" type plug connector.

I'll place the other speaker in series with the existing one.

Has anyone actually done this to a 500r?

Will the volume level be that same?

www.randall-hodgkinson.co.uk

Archived