Security Installer Community

Bell Box Battery

oulton98

I am the new owner of an old Optima 2 Plus alarm. Can anyone tell me if the bell box contains its own battery, that is, in addition to the battery in the contol box?

Thanks

Oulton98

Should have :whistle:

I am the new owner of an old Optima 2 Plus alarm. Can anyone tell me if the bell box contains its own battery, that is, in addition to the battery in the contol box?

Thanks

Oulton98

It should have a battery, if it is operacional... that's another matter. Easy to find out, disconnect mains and battery from main control panel. If the bell rings, it has an operacional battery, is it doesn't ring... battery is dead.

Thanks

Oulton98

Also please be aware if you are going to open up your bell box if a strobe is fitted some heffty current is used too drive a strobe and it could give you a nasty belt(lethal in some cases)never had a belt myself but then have never grabed hold of a strobe whilst up at a bell!!!!! :rolleyes:

Archived