Security Installer Community

Programming Texecom Premier Output Expansion Modules

BestGear

Hi Chaps... this is my first post back - my old account was deleted as a result of inactivity!

Anyway - I need a bit of advice which will save me a call to Texe support... plus I would like to hear real experience, not just a text book reply....

The Premier output expanders (16 outputs) - the manual is confusing as it refers to the outputs mimicing zones and being mapped "ontop" of other existing expanders.

What I need confirmed, is that I can map these outputs to any zone that I have, on the panel itself or on any one of the 4 zone expanders as required. This way I may have OP1 as mimic Panel zone 1, OP2, mimic Expander 3-zone4.... you get the idea?

Any help or advice (other than phone Texe... and yes, I am a Texe registred installer...) would be most appreciated.

DJ

The module has 2 sets of address switches, each set does each bank of 8 outputs.

They should be set to addresses different to existing equipment. ie if you have a 48 with one expander set to address 1, the output module should be set to address 2 and 3, or 2 and 4, or 3 and 4.

You then program the outputs as if they were normal expander outputs.

The OP16 is just used instead of 2 8XPs if you dont need the 16 zone inputs that 2 8XP expanders would provide.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

The module has 2 sets of address switches, each set does each bank of 8 outputs.

They should be set to addresses different to existing equipment. ie if you have a 48 with one expander set to address 1, the output module should be set to address 2 and 3, or 2 and 4, or 3 and 4.

You then program the outputs as if they were normal expander outputs.

The OP16 is just used instead of 2 8XPs if you dont need the 16 zone inputs that 2 8XP expanders would provide.

Thanks Both for your replies... its becoming clear...

So, the OP module will ONLY mimic existing outputs - right?

I guess that is so, as with the Prem48, 4 expanders are supported, and thus 2 op16's - as that would tally with each op16 having the two banks of 8 outputs.

I expected to see the op16 in wintex on the network, just as you do a normal zone expander.... and obviously did not!

I wish the manual actually stated its a "mimic only" output module, as without 8XP outputs to mimic, then the op16 is of no use on its own... and that aint stated anywhere! Am I right?!!?

The installation its needed for has 4off 8XP's, so this is no problem... thankfully....

One last question - the tamper for the lid on the OP16 - I assume, as the op16 is "passive" (ie mimicing ((perhaps shadow is a better word))only and not seen as a real device on the network in its own right) the tamper needs to be wired back into an 8XP tamper circuit? I assume this as there is no way I can see in wintex for checking or configuring the Op16 tamper....

Thanks Guys!

DJ

Archived