Security Installer Community

Ram Install

Mister_Dave

I never got a manwell with the mobo, and i dont know how to flash bios so i think im stuck really. Best bet would be to just send it back methinks.

If your PC is a Packard Bell you should go to their web site and enter your serial number to find out what memory options you have. Quote from the site:

You want to increase the RAM on your Packard Bell PC.

Simply use our online configurator!

3 easy-to-follow steps to find and buy the memory module that is best suited to your PC :

Identify your Packard Bell PC by means of its serial number. You can choose to identify your PC automatically or manually !

Select the memory module you need according to the capacity required, price etc. It is guaranteed 100% compatible and risk-free!

Buy the memory module(s) you have chosen from our store using the 100% secure payment system. The modules are delivered quickly and direct to your home.

You should be able to see if what you have bought is or isn't compatible. Note that DABS don't like returns very much, unless the item is faulty, which it probably isn't - sounds more like you bought the wrong thing. :whistle:

It's worse than you think - there are multiple variants of that board, with major differences. Best to go to the Packard Bell web site and let it tell you what will work.

Trust Packard Bell to make it difficult to find RAM that works. I did checkout the PB Memory Upgrade tool. I did not have a serial number to give them but I did checkout the RAM they have listed if you don't have a serial number but the modules I looked at did not have a lot about the spec of the modules. It may be different if you have a serial number to give them.

djrock

Well that's so typical of many manufacturer's they make you have to go look on thier websites which can often be confusing, believe me Dell's is really annoying sometimes when your hunting for stuff..

Multiple varients of the same kit just to make more money - typical, that's why I build me own.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Archived