Security Installer Community

A1 Alarm Aj600n

Guest steve11

Guest steve11

Hello

Every now and then my alarm goes off for no apparent reason. Maybe twice in a week then its fine for a month or so. It can go off in the early hours of the morning or during the day, there is no pattern. The alarm was fitted in 1999. When the alarm activates, all the 4 zone leds come on possibly the clear led light is also on. Could it be a dieing battery in the control panel. Any advice or direction would help???? Does anybody know of a test process to work out where the problem is.

Guest steve11

Hi and Thanks all for your help

In answer to the question from Pete:

Q. On a serious note, battery is probably part of the fault, but is the system set when it activates does the system activate fully i.e. external bell as well?

A. The system does activate fully - the outside alarm goes off aswell.

In general the alarm seems to work fine apart from the intermittent (once or twice a month) going off for no reason.

I notice the PIR seem to respond fine as you walk past them.

Thanks

Steve11

As you have probably gathered the system you have is not the best (far from it) sorry.

*ding

No offense steve, but to be honest if you rang me Id tell you on the phone that Id only be quoting you for a new system, and would not be interested in repairing what you have.

A. The system does activate fully - the outside alarm goes off aswell.

In general the alarm seems to work fine apart from the intermittent (once or twice a month) going off for no reason.

In my opinion, if the system is false alarming with regularity, it is not working fine. My advice would be to chuck the whole lot out and fit a decent system in place!

Trade Member

Archived