Security Installer Community

Alarm Recommendation For Parent's Setup

Guest FrankGrimes

On the alarm front, if you're wanting a monitored alarm then by all means have a look at some features you want but I doubt you'll find an approved company who'll fit a monitored system that you have supplied. I think your next step on this front is call some local companies and get some quotes in then look further into each one.

With the cameras, as others have said, dummy cameras stand out from a distance, especially with 'fake realistic looking LED thingy'. Professional CCTV cameras don't have flashing LED's on the front and everyone knows that. I'm not going to even bother telling you what the minimum specification is you want as you obviously want to DIY it all and reckon that other people are just going to rip you off.

The eBay link, **** btw, both of them.

You need to step back and look at what you do actually want as you seem to be trying to get yourself out of your depth.

Guest Alarm Guard

I didn't read all that post, but option 2 is not a realistic option. If someone presented me with a component list I would not install it unless I approved of all the items, for 2 reasons.

1 They have to be the correct items in order to provide a correct level of security and to minimise false activation risks

2 I would have to be in a position to replace items quickly and easily in the event of a fault..... and I don't want to carry even more equipment than we already do.

Archived