Security Installer Community

Water Water

binthere

Whilst on a call out driving past our local and very big water reservior I noticed it was now running over with water.

Water meters?

Where are all the DOOM mongers who said we were all going to die of drought, mad cow disease, bird flu disease, pollution from 4x4's etc etc.

How full is your local reservoir.

:ranting:

DOOM mongers = a way to screw more money out of us......

For example Road pricing won't happen, road tax / duty on fuel will rocket but the public will be daft enough to think they haveve won

DOOM mongers = a way to screw more money out of us......

For example Road pricing won't happen, road tax / duty on fuel will rocket but the public will be daft enough to think they haveve won

'kin *Ding.

Whilst on a call out driving past our local and very big water reservior I noticed it was now running over with water.

Water meters?

Where are all the DOOM mongers who said we were all going to die of drought, mad cow disease, bird flu disease, pollution from 4x4's etc etc.

How full is your local reservoir.

:ranting:

Where I live we don't have any. It's all underground from aquifers, and they're still pretty empty.

My local river has been bone dry for the last 7 or 8 years because the groundwater level has dropped so far. :(

That said our first hosepipe ban for literally decades started in April - still going of course. :whistle:

Guest Alarm Guard
Where I live we don't have any. It's all underground from aquifers, and they're still pretty empty.

My local river has been bone dry for the last 7 or 8 years because the groundwater level has dropped so far. :(

That said our first hosepipe ban for literally decades started in April - still going of course. :whistle:

South East Water give tips for saving water. Tip No. 3 is 'don't leave the tap running when you clean your teeth'. Do these people really think that they can convince us that this is going to save the planet??? They are pathetic.

South East Water give tips for saving water. Tip No. 3 is 'don't leave the tap running when you clean your teeth'. Do these people really think that they can convince us that this is going to save the planet??? They are pathetic.

Dont forget though water just doesnt fall out of your tap, its pumped around from place to place before you get it at enourmous cost.

If it was up to me everyone would have to have a water meter - and it would stop people from using sprinklers and things on their lawns in the summer which just isnt needed so what if your grass goes a bit brown get a water butt fing32.gif

hi all,

i have to say it seems a bit odd to suggest water meters are made compulsery, and threaten a stand pipe only service.

i'm on a water meter (and would recommend it for anyone with a familily of uo to 5 to do so just on costs), if i don't water my lawn or veggie patch i don't pay for the water, so reduced income for the water company. sewerage is worked out as a percentage of water used and is a separate charge, so again a lower intake a lower sewarage % charge.

surely this is a 'no brainer' for the water company or for ressisting a meter?

i have a semi detached bungalow, the couple next door have near on the same requirements as we do, nearly same age, only 2 in the house, dishwasher, washing machine, prefer showers to bath's etc run a veggie patch in the 120ft of rear garden.

their water rate bill is twice as high as mine every quarter, seems to make sense to get one fitted imo

did laugh at an LBC host who was talking to a guy from Thames water -:

Q) why do we have shortages when resoviors are near full?

A) South london draws most of its water from undergorund caves and chalk rock, which is like a sponge, if they are not replenished by regular rain fall the water table drops, we pump water from other parts to resoviours to maintain service, but water from the land has to make it into these underground stoarage area's.

Q) so the water from all those leaking pipes actually helps you with this then?

priceless!

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi all,

i have to say it seems a bit odd to suggest water meters are made compulsery, and threaten a stand pipe only service.

i'm on a water meter (and would recommend it for anyone with a familily of uo to 5 to do so just on costs), if i don't water my lawn or veggie patch i don't pay for the water, so reduced income for the water company. sewerage is worked out as a percentage of water used and is a separate charge, so again a lower intake a lower sewarage % charge.

surely this is a 'no brainer' for the water company or for ressisting a meter?

i have a semi detached bungalow, the couple next door have near on the same requirements as we do, nearly same age, only 2 in the house, dishwasher, washing machine, prefer showers to bath's etc run a veggie patch in the 120ft of rear garden.

their water rate bill is twice as high as mine every quarter, seems to make sense to get one fitted imo

did laugh at an LBC host who was talking to a guy from Thames water -:

Q) why do we have shortages when resoviors are near full?

A) South london draws most of its water from undergorund caves and chalk rock, which is like a sponge, if they are not replenished by regular rain fall the water table drops, we pump water from other parts to resoviours to maintain service, but water from the land has to make it into these underground stoarage area's.

Q) so the water from all those leaking pipes actually helps you with this then?

priceless!

regs

alan

Don't know about LBC interview but did you catch the panarama regarding thames water??....pretty damning

pretty damming

great pun btw

yeh made me giggle it was just such a quick reply. i make a correction as it was BBC London (not LBC me and names :rolleyes: ) the presenter was Eddie Nester on from 5 - about 7 with Cath Willandre nor sure of spelling, always well worth a listen imo. i get faffed off with the latest pop sensation being repeated every 5 records and inaine comment.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived