Security Installer Community

Bell Boxes

2m is very low. We have fitted thousands of boxes, but never fitted one that low.

Why can't you fit it higher?

hi Paul,

he wants to either to conceal the cable or save on using ladders (aint got/don't like), my bet panel in hall bog/cloakroom, so 'easy' to take bell run out at ceiling level - i bet again via air brick :rolleyes: .

we know it's best he gets the bell as high as possible, as if its easy for him to reach so it will be for a felon using a weely bin. but if he is not keen on heights on safety grounds best he get someone who is, now funilly enough i notced most alarm engineers are good on ladders, so shall i'll let him know in my next post?

:P

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

It's actually more like 2.6m

it's an old victorian house and the access up to the next story looks very difficult.

up via stairs, around landing (under boards preferred) to suitable cupboard, go into loft, out through eve's job done.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi Paul,

he wants to either to conceal the cable or save on using ladders (aint got/don't like), my bet panel in hall bog/cloakroom, so 'easy' to take bell run out at ceiling level - i bet again via air brick :rolleyes: .

we know it's best he gets the bell as high as possible, as if its easy for him to reach so it will be for a felon using a weely bin. but if he is not keen on heights on safety grounds best he get someone who is, now funilly enough i notced most alarm engineers are good on ladders, so shall i'll let him know in my next post?

:P

regs

alan

I'm trying to hide the cable!

Alarm panel will be fitted on the 1st floor.

Will look for an access to the 3rd story, but due to the layout of the house this may take some time- lol.

:hmm:

www.randall-hodgkinson.co.uk

Guest Rulland

Hi All,The regs just say that bell box cables MUST be protected, ie cover in alarm type small aluminium conduit right into the sounder-if that makes it easier to get the extra height.

Regards Richard.

MSI Alarms, Llandudno

Archived