Security Installer Community

Bad Boys Bad Boys 'what You Gonna Do'

binthere

This tax grabbing Government are at war with the motorist with special SAS action aimed at 'white van man'

Next week if you are the next size bigger than a Transit there is a speed restriction on you I believe about 56MPH.

The reason is because it will allegedly cure the terror of the white van!!

Then if you have a 4x4 God help you (I suppose a 4x4 Fiat Panda is included) and sorry for all you 4x4 drivers i.e Rav4 etc who have a better low emmisions rate than most cars YOU ARE POLUTERS!

Perhaps if we all got trade bikes again this might make the lefty Hippy types happy.

I am perhaps under some type of illusion that the environment is better now than when I was a boy, or did I imagine rows and rows of smoking chimney pots and fog so thick we wore a mask to walk to school and buses stopped running because they couldn't see thro the fog and did I dream the remark 'if you fall in the thames you will need injections for weeks'

We seem to be the only bloody country worried about 'global warming'

Nucular Power stations the lefty are fearful of causing a catastrophe Have they not seen how close the French Nucular Power Stations are to us.

Will I'm off now in my 4x4 Nucular powered Range Rover I am spending the weekend away from alarms in the country chasing foxes and shooting rabbits, I will leave my white van hidden from the TAX inspectors.

Noise from alarms WILL be next, because the less well off have nothing and do not need alarms, and they will find another method of using the excuse for wealth distribution.

This tax grabbing Government are at war with the motorist with special SAS action aimed at 'white van man'

Next week if you are the next size bigger than a Transit there is a speed restriction on you I believe about 56MPH.

The reason is because it will allegedly cure the terror of the white van!!

Then if you have a 4x4 God help you (I suppose a 4x4 Fiat Panda is included) and sorry for all you 4x4 drivers i.e Rav4 etc who have a better low emmisions rate than most cars YOU ARE POLUTERS!

Perhaps if we all got trade bikes again this might make the lefty Hippy types happy.

I am perhaps under some type of illusion that the environment is better now than when I was a boy, or did I imagine rows and rows of smoking chimney pots and fog so thick we wore a mask to walk to school and buses stopped running because they couldn't see thro the fog and did I dream the remark 'if you fall in the thames you will need injections for weeks'

We seem to be the only bloody country worried about 'global warming'

Nucular Power stations the lefty are fearful of causing a catastrophe Have they not seen how close the French Nucular Power Stations are to us.

Will I'm off now in my 4x4 Nucular powered Range Rover I am spending the weekend away from alarms in the country chasing foxes and shooting rabbits, I will leave my white van hidden from the TAX inspectors.

Noise from alarms WILL be next, because the less well off have nothing and do not need alarms, and they will find another method of using the excuse for wealth distribution.

I would'nt worry too much about the tax man its mr plod i would be more concerned about...As they are out to get mr white van as they now have speed detection kit that can see you if you are 1/4 of a mile away and if that fails there is always the hellicopter which tracks you as wel all aimed at white van man!!!!!!

Think its time for vans to be brought in another colour or prehaps it time to invest in an anti aircraft gun?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fear:

:hmm: Anything van which has a gross weight of greater than 2000Kg say caddy, scudo ect.... 60mph motorways & dual carriageways, 50 mph on single carriageways

One of our Service engineers got nicked for doing 60mph in a Transit Connect (no bigger in length than my car) on an A road.

He should have been doing 50mph it transpired due to the commercial nature of the vehicle.

We now have the ludicrous situation of any one "A" road having 3 different speed limits:

60 for cars

50 for commercial or towing traffic (caravans etc)

40 for lorries (greater than 7.5 tonnes)

This has actually always been the case, but not enforced (dig out your old copies of the highways code).

Now think about that. stuck behind a queue of artics all doing 40 in a car powerful enough to do 140.

It is a recipe for disaster in my opinion and claims the lives of many in my local area (Lincolnshire) miles from any motorways or dual carriageways.

Even the local traffic cops have written to newspapers saying how dangerous it is and things should be changed.

The reality is that people in those situations get frustrated and take chances....no law will ever stop that happening.

I digress slightly. The tax issues of this post are also as bad.

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

QFA.

If it wasnt for cars we'd all be knee deep in horse **** and dying of typhoid at 40. The technology is here now to be sustainable in our energy consumption but our government wont allow it to be implemented. For example cars which run on "green" fuels - the fuel is taxed the same as petrol/derv. How about having major cuts in council tax for properties which have alternative energy like solar or geo-thermal? Cause not, that wont happen because councils are too corrupt to even begin to contemplate the idea of rates comming down.

Electric cars are also not far off which can outperform petrol and achieve equivalent to 250 mpg.

Which ever way you go this goverment will tax you......the guy's that left their company cars and went for pick-ups then funny enough the tax rules on commerical vehicles changed....as if by magic.......Guy's i think the only way to look at it is they will get you any way they can...we are in a no win situation :yes:

One of our Service engineers got nicked for doing 60mph in a Transit Connect

new ones are + 2 ton, early swb one with the lower spec engine gross at 1970kg (looked on whatvan)

Electric cars are also not far off which can outperform petrol and achieve equivalent to 250 mpg.

:hmm: this? http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpr...rd_transit.html

in the link its for Euro 3 engines, the newer stuff is euro 4 ;)

Then they will tax more because of the energy used to produce all the electricity required to recharge the batteries.

Even with fords hybrid using the braking to send energy back isnt enough to recharge after a journey.

cheers

Archived