Security Installer Community

Thompson Directory

Guys, I'm not sure if you will be familiar with the Thompson directory....I believe it to be a national operation.....Its like a mini local yellow pages....Issues once a year.

Do any of you use this service?? what sought of responses have you attracted??

Been offered an attractive monthly deal/rate and have been shown stats for double glazing / carpet fitters but none for Security........Apparently they get statistics from those ads who use the 0800 numbers.....

MP

Guys, I'm not sure if you will be familiar with the Thompson directory....I believe it to be a national operation.....Its like a mini local yellow pages....Issues once a year.

Do any of you use this service?? what sought of responses have you attracted??

Been offered an attractive monthly deal/rate and have been shown stats for double glazing / carpet fitters but none for Security........Apparently they get statistics from those ads who use the 0800 numbers.....

MP

Don't bother with it, its cheap in comparison to the YP but hardly anyone uses it.. unless they have a wobbly table.

I use it but not YP - to be honest I don't think either of them are worth the money and I only continued with it this year due to serious cuts in price.

Don't waste your money...

You get listed for free being a business, when we did advertise we got a couple of calls from it, not sure if it even paid for itself

I've had one call from a customer, and only one, from being in YP. But hundreds of calls from people who want to sell my business goods and services I don't want or need.

The profit from that one customer wasn't worth the waste of time from those calls. :no:

I've had one call from a customer, and only one, from being in YP. But hundreds of calls from people who want to sell my business goods and services I don't want or need.

The profit from that one customer wasn't worth the waste of time from those calls. :no:

Yellow pages was a complete waste of time for me,

The older I get, the faster I was.

Get a good web page, thats the way now. All the peeps who want alarms use computers at work and do loads of searches.

cheers

I was thinking of the local rags, Blah blah Town Times etc, don't know if you have it where you are but a few plumbers, removals, skip hire and Sparks swear by it. There is an extremely dodgy town about 30 mins from here, so I was gonna give it a shot. I will keep you updated.

cheers

The older I get, the faster I was.

I get 10x more from Thomson local than Yell.. people like the local theme.

got lettered car / van?

my guess is when they look in the book they dial the number of a company which they see out & about

Archived