Security Installer Community

Wireless Mains Fire Alarms

Guest raj

just wanted confirmation , is it okay to use wireless rf wire alarms in rented property im thinking of buying . tHinking of buying 3 interlinked . Which is preferred ie optical or ionisation and where in a 3 storey house please .

aico range 168/161 and 166 range mains powered with back up batteries .

just wanted confirmation , is it okay to use wireless rf wire alarms in rented property im thinking of buying . tHinking of buying 3 interlinked . Which is preferred ie optical or ionisation and where in a 3 storey house please .

Why not get the landlord to put in a decent alarm; he'll just add it to the price later anyway.

My kids at Uni were all in houses that had alarms; even the scruffiest ones.

Mind you they were in Leeds and Nottingham... :whistle:

No reason I can think of. Not sure if you have to be careful if you put one in the kitchen due to the "part p" regulations, sure a sparky will advise you.

I was thinking of installing them in my own place, so would be interested to know what you think of them, and if they are reliable.

Check out the Aico website, lots of info as to what type and where to put them....

Check this....

Generally use opticals sited in accrodance with BS5839-6 for a grade D LD3 system if you intend renting the property out.

Archived