Security Installer Community

Melcom St6500

Guest brinzlee

Guest brinzlee

Hi Gurus

Wondered if anyone has come across a limit on the location of a K6500 remote kepad to a Melcom ST6500 control box. At the moment its on about 15 metres of 4 core and the keypad is going haywire. Not sure if it is a blown board or a limit on the cable length...Any ideas anone....I havent put the backup battery in the main panel yet I was just firing it up from the mains...but that shouldn't make any difference should it ??

• 4 weeks later...
Guest brinzlee
Hi Gurus

Wondered if anyone has come across a limit on the location of a K6500 remote kepad to a Melcom ST6500 control box. At the moment its on about 15 metres of 4 core and the keypad is going haywire. Not sure if it is a blown board or a limit on the cable length...Any ideas anone....I havent put the backup battery in the main panel yet I was just firing it up from the mains...but that shouldn't make any difference should it ??

I guess thats a know then !!

I'm not familar with this alarm panel / keypad but many systems require an End of Line resistor fitted in the last keypad, I would double check the manual to see if this is the case, it might be your getting interferance due to power cables nearby, give them a try.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Archived