Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9448 Uk

Hi Rob,

There is only one manufacturer of SAB (that I know of) which allows you to tamper the bell without it setting itself off, and unfortunately, we would not be ablt to tell you how to do it on this forum (security issue). You will not be able to move your SAB without it sounding for at least a few seconds.

D7

Edited due to poor word choice!!

Hi guys,

I have a scantronic 9448 panel (approx 1 year old) and i have to relocate my external sounder ( don't know what type) , i have all the codes, would anyone please advise me of the procedure as i don't want the sounder to go off.

cheers

Get some ear defemders, as above only one manufacturer does an engineer hold off and you need to know how to get it into this mode.

The older I get, the faster I was.

Hi guys,

I have a scantronic 9448 panel (approx 1 year old) and i have to relocate my external sounder ( don't know what type) , i have all the codes, would anyone please advise me of the procedure as i don't want the sounder to go off.

cheers

hi Rob,

before you decide to go ahead and try to do this yourself please concider the following-:

you do not have the instruction flysheet for the siren, you can posibly expose yourself to a severe shock from the built-in strobe of several thousand volts. this will not kill you most likely, assuming i hope your good health as it's only a very small current available - like a car spark ignition, but a surpise jolt and the fall off the ladder and subsequent contact with terra firmer is another matter altogether.

you will not know how to stop the siren properly or safely, they are designed to be difficult to disable easily, to do so by the wrong method could damage your siren, then you will need a new one, and then you wil most likely need an engineer, and so then you will have cost yourself a lot more than it should have done had you called in an engineer in the 1st place, and all this torment without concidering the possible embarresment involved.

to save some coppers by all means, but only if you are competant enough with to0os and ladders and able to operate them safely, run in your own cable if the relocation distance is significant like from front to side of house (use 6 or 8 core stranded alarm cable) preferably from the controls to the new position to avoid joints, so whoever moves the bell can use it and save you on labour costs. but again by the time you get a 50 meter coil of cable at retail price, you may not save much if anything.

the above comments are not designed to be condescending or in any way rude, just we al do go to calls such as these to sort them out after the attempt go's wrong, and we always say 'if only theyed asked' like you have prudently done.

give your locality and i'm sure someone local will leap to your aid and help you.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived