Security Installer Community

Veritas R8 Tamper Problem

Guest Lawtherp

Guest Lawtherp

Hi,

I moved into a new house about 2 months ago. I got the user code for the Veritas R8 alarm. The first time i used it the key panel came of the remote panel (There are 2 remote panels). I reattached the panel front which didn't stop the alarm i tried the user code the person who sold me the house gave me but this didn't stop the alarm or reset the system. I then called the company who installed the alarm and they gave me a number of codes to try, one eventually worded and the alarm stopped. The system currently has the unset light on and the tamper light off.

However the alarm won't set and when i enter my code then press full it accepts it and i exit my house but the panel keeps beeping. It beeps intermittently and never actually sets. I think the number 1 light (front door) is constantly on, whether i exist through the front or back door. In addition the strobe lights on the external box flash constantly.

I have followed the display log events instructions and the last event shows the tamper light (as expected).

Can anyone give me advice on how to reset my alarm system so that i can use it again.

In addition the strobe lights on the external box flash constantly.

There is ususlly one strobe , and two flashing leds , are you confusing the two.

If the strobe is flashing , then the panel has not reset (or the bellbox is faulty)

Look for a magnetic contact on your front door and give it a tap.

Regards

Why a door contact?

Its locked out on engineers reset for tamper faults.. You will need that to stop all the above..

Just trying to do my job

Why a door contact?

Its locked out on engineers reset for tamper faults.. You will need that to stop all the above..

Bet the contacts missing hence the tamper fault.

God i hate r8`s, oops sound like georg now with wireless

cheers

I think the number 1 light (front door) is constantly on
Why a door contact?

I normally put a contact on the front door. :P

The system currently has the unset light on and the tamper light off.

He's trying to set the system .

Regards.

Is this 2 problems here.

The front came off the keypad, Surely this is the tamper and the strobe flashing supports this.

Is it bleeping once? or 9 times for the tamper, double check.

Just trying to do my job

Archived