Security Installer Community

ADE Optima Compact, Good?

Guest andy_brookes

Guest andy_brookes

Dear All,

What a very useful forum, I have been reading in the background for a while.

I'm in the process of sorting an alarm out for my house. My local electrical dizzies stock the ADE Optima Compact G3 Alarm and the Simpleset Alarm reader. Are they any good? Should I concider something else for similar money.

Also trying to decide on PIR'S, we have a cat so need pet friendly PIR's, what would you recommend.

Lastly I am interested fitting SMShield at a later date, does anyone use this system, how do you find it.

cheers Andy

Guest andy_brookes

Thanks for your replies,

first off the SMShield (http://www.smshield.com/) is a unit that text messages you if the the alarm goes off, tells you what has been trigered and you can remotely set the alarm via text message too. You can also control a couple of outputs for say switching on lights or opening electric gates etc, all via text meassage.

Good point on the simpleset, about losing you keys etc, ummmm, I'm afraid asthetics got the better of me on that one. All the remote keypads look so nasty in my eyes, the simpleset seemed the best of a bad bunch in terms of looks.

Pete, you say it picks up AC noise, could you explain alittle further, does this cause false alarms?

cheers Andy

Guest trigsri2

from my experience in these panels i think there great

they do tend to have interferance through the speaker but its never caused a false alarm with all the ones i have fitted and i have fitted hundreds

brilliant little alarm :rolleyes:

Guest andy_brookes

Thanks to all for your replies on the Panel, could anyone recommend a cat friendly PIR?

Also has anyone used SMShield.

cheers Andy

Archived