Security Installer Community

Mis-selling Of An Endowment Mortgage.

Guest rjbsec

Guest rjbsec

I recently made a claim for the mis-selling of my endowment mortgage - the mortgage was paid off years ago but I felt it right to make the claim as it was mis-sold.

I've just received a cheque for compensation - have you had a claim settled, if so what was the settlement figure - I'm pondering on whether or not to accept.

I have just received a cheque in excess of 3k, like you we have nearly paid off the mortgage and did, in any case change to repayment about 6 years ago. Our figure is based on the surrender value of the policy and the value of an equivalent repayment one, it was worked out to the penny.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Guest Peter James

I hve several endowments that wont make it, when I bought the business I remortgaged and took out the whole sum as repayment.

I still have the endownments and Im still paying into them, I have thought about using one of these companies that advertise help with a missold endowment.

I remember the one thing that sold me on endowment was te fact that the endowment would pay the mortgage, and give a healthy profit lump sum.

I suppose Ive nothing to lose but my time.

Pete

Guest rjbsec
I remember the one thing that sold me on endowment was te fact that the endowment would pay the mortgage, and give a healthy profit lump sum.

I suppose Ive nothing to lose but my time.

Pete

That's the same as me; I almost didn't bother but now I've got a cheque for a bit over

I have thought about using one of these companies that advertise help with a missold endowment.
NNNNNNNNNNNooooooooooooooooo, they will take up to 40% of the awarded amount, fill this in, it won't cost you a penny and the sharks don't get a cut. Also read

here, and this, I received payment within 4 weeks of sending my letter.

Guest Peter James
NNNNNNNNNNNooooooooooooooooo, they will take up to 40% of the awarded amount, fill this in, it won't cost you a penny and the sharks don't get a cut. Also read

here, and this, I received payment within 4 weeks of sending my letter.

Thanks Steve

Ive filled in two letters they will be in the post tommorrow.

My other endownments are non mortgage related and I am not sure wether they wont meet the sum assured, the mortgage ones the company has warned me the others they havent.

Total of the two mortgage endowments sum assured is

• 1 month later...

Ours was the exact same scenario, I told them we changed over 6 years ago, however that it was irrelevant as the information and figures 'promised' by their agent were totally false. They wanted to know who advised me to change and when I told them some friends they asked if they were qualified to give financial advice. I acted really dumb (yeah yeah I know) and said no and that we had only just noticed that the endowment was off track. The lady dealing with my case at the building society was very courteous and accepted my answers fully, I am sure they ask everyone the same script. They have it on record that they sent me a 'red warning letter' previously, they may have but as I explained as it was not sent registered post it must have been misdelivered because of course I wold have acted then. They try it on and try to save themselves money, no can do I'm afraid we were truly mis-sold and they have to pay for their agents ill advice. I was told at the outset I would have enough to pay off the house (we only borrowed 30k) and have 17k left over!!! we are on track for it to be short by between 6k and 19k. We made other provisions to repay but not on their advice, we changed so we could pay off early. I got circa

Archived