Security Installer Community

A Quiet Alarm!?!!

Guest Aled

if you can't mend it get the raf to pick us up, I will sort it for a decent meal & go on the machine gun ;)

It'd be great if the RAF could pick us up at the right time/place, let alone trying to get you guys out here with them! And a decent meal is probably a little beyond what's available here too!!

The machine gun however.....!! ;)

Several things spring to mind. Firstly make sure that there isn't a resistor fitted in the terminals of the sounder. For some odd reason some manufacturers ship internal sounders with a resistor on one terminal which makes the sounder quieter. You need the wires to connect to the wires on the sounder (obviously via the connector).

Dave

hi Dave,

some did this to stop damaging the speaker driver high output transistor stag, as if it was not met with a low ohms path when driven, the base junctios would be destroyed.

obviously, a bit flipping daft as if the cable got chopped during a inrussion or building works then it blew them. guess what happens when the client can't stop the noise? they invariably diss the speaker and 'POP' :rolleyes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Several things spring to mind. Firstly make sure that there isn't a resistor fitted in the terminals of the sounder. For some odd reason some manufacturers ship internal sounders with a resistor on one terminal which makes the sounder quieter. You need the wires to connect to the wires on the sounder (obviously via the connector).

Dave

hi Dave,

some did this to stop damaging the speaker driver high output transistor stag, as if it was not met with a low ohms path when driven, the base junctios would be destroyed.

obviously, a bit flipping daft as if the cable got chopped during a inrussion or building works then it blew them. guess what happens when the client can't stop the noise? they invariably diss the speaker and 'POP' :rolleyes:

Hi Alan

Thanks for the info, something I always wondered.

That's what good about this community, I reckon collectively we know just about everything to do with our trade.

cheers

Dave

regs

alan

Dave

hi Dave,

Hi Alan

That's what good about this community, I reckon collectively we know just about everything to do with our trade.

cheers

Dave

regs

alan

Hi Alan

Dave

[

Dave

hi Dave ,

i agree, while we are sharing knowledge and enlightenment, is my new avatar animal tacking a dump? or is he just a 'big lad' :whistle:

regs

alan

Thank you one and all - the alarm is now fixed! It came down to a knackered speaker. The two spare that I'd tried swapping in were also u/s hence not solving the problem earlier. That's one of the big disadvantages in having a brand new team work out here every 6 months - unless everything is labelled properly, there's no way of knowing whether a shelf is of working spares or kit waiting to be back-loaded to the UK!

Anyway, thanks again - this is indeed a great resource - I'll definitely be passing on this forum's details to the next team who replace us!

Aled.

hi,

on the lines Lurch suggest, if you can borrow a spare known working speaker from another panel and test it at the panel with some spare wire to see if the cable run is damaged.

if this is still low disconnect any wires you can and test the panel alone, you may have a short somewhwere between cables like nail through a couple of them (or where your working some shrapnel or a 303 cal :cold2: )

hi all,

now was i on the money - or was i on the money? ok accidentally attributed my reference to Lurch so ooops, but am i just too darned good for this forum?, you lot are lucky ro have such a king as arfur to rule over you :whistle:

regs

alan

hi,

now was i on the money - or was i on the money? ok accidentally attributed my reference to Lurch so ooops, but am i just too darned good for this forum?, you lot are lucky ro have such a king as arfur to rule over you :whistle:

regs

alan

:hmm:

hi,

regs

alan

:hmm:

thats total respect my subjects - silence :yes: (or speechless)

:)

regs

alan

Archived