Security Installer Community

Weird Delayed Alarm??? Going Mad! Help :)

Guest LeeroyBrown

Guest LeeroyBrown

Hi all, I wonder if anyone could help. I have an ADE Optima Compact alarm & am getting an odd false alarms from it. I recently fitted laminate flooring in my flat and managed to sever a connection to an alarm sensor (the connections were only taped with electrical tape & had perished over time). Whislt this fault was present the alarm produced a different faster beep than normal & wouldn't let me set it without omitting that zone. When invesigating I found the loose wire & re-stripped the connection & connected it back together & the alram then let me set it ok. Problem I have is after around 45 - 50 mins the alram goes off for no apparent reason? This has happened twice now (once with me sat in the house testing it). I reckon this is probably a job for an engineer as it is difficult to get accross what the problem is - just thought i'd sound it out here to see if it might be anything obvious to anyone who knows how they work? I've just downloaded the manual so will perfom a walk test now to ensure all sensors work etc.....

I don't know if this was a diy fit because a lot of the internal wires (where 2 lengths of the coax meet) aren't used & are just hanging out there & doing nothing. Don't even know what the colurs represent - so any help on that would be useful.

See attached pic

Thanks in advance!

Lee. :cry:

hi leroy,

i suggest you give you area and someone in that region will contact you i'm sure.

ooops1 just noticed your in Stockport

the attachement did not work for me though so no piccy

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived