Security Installer Community

New Technology/ Gadgets?

Guest moominboy

Guest moominboy

anyone know of any sites regarding brand new/ up and coming alarm techs/gadgets?

the stuff on my course was pretty **** imo and the little bit of software work we did ran off win 2000.

anyone know of any sites regarding brand new/ up and coming alarm techs/gadgets?

the stuff on my course was pretty **** imo and the little bit of software work we did ran off win 2000.

What course did you go on, what gadgets did you use? Why did you think they were **** and what would you do tyo improve them\what features would you like to see in them?

You don't need to havge the latest and greatest most expensive flashy tools to perform well, it just sometimes helps.

And there's nothing wrong with Windows 2000, IMO it's better than XP and only 1 release behind it.

Guest moominboy

no nothing wrong witk 2k at all, but i was thinking it may have been updated to work with xp or even vista?

i was on 2 courses in aldershot, first one just basic install and systems, global tamper circuits, maybe one keypad.

second, eol, rem's, multi keys, multi-plex and finally communicatin tech.

just meant i know that the kit is fairly old and battered and was wondering what was new in the industry.

did some work on karizma panels, but cant really remember the first kit we used...logi- something?

Decent multimeter---learn how to use it properly----then experiance!!!!!---leave the techi stuff till you can do the basics---or you will be trying to run before you walk----new an even older hand than me who could wipe spots off every engineer I new and he only had a tatty old analogue meter-----toys dont make the engineer--the man does!!!!!

• 4 months later...

an even older hand than me who could wipe spots off every engineer I new and he only had a tatty old analogue meter-----toys dont make the engineer--the man does!!!!!

[/quote ]

thanks for the compliments - er! just thought, it was me you was talking about - was'nt it? :huh:

:P

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived