Security Installer Community

Strobe Flashing

Any ideas please. Veritas panel, older version, possible texecom bell, strobe keeps activating for no reason, always seems to be during warmer weather. No alarm activation noted and resets simply by pressing reset button. Guessing it is a fault on the siren but can someone shed some light (flashing or not) many thanks :hmm:

It may be a low-level service warning, can't remember for this panel, we dont touch them.

Just checked, and It isn't that sorry. Someone else may have an idea - service warnings make it chime or they prevent it from being set, so it must be something else.

i agree with Lurch,

don't know this panel too well, but don't they flash the strobe when needing a reset after alarm , and when in engineer mode?

i think the old optima+ did the same :hmm:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Any ideas please. Veritas panel, older version, possible texecom bell, strobe keeps activating for no reason, always seems to be during warmer weather. No alarm activation noted and resets simply by pressing reset button. Guessing it is a fault on the siren but can someone shed some light (flashing or not) many thanks :hmm:

Didnt they have an option when set the strobe flashed to confirm?

Didnt they have an option when set the strobe flashed to confirm?

i think he means when/while unset

regs

alan

ade controls flash the strobe when in walk test, a little know fact.... (as the risk of getting a snotty pm for going off topic :P )

ade controls flash the strobe when in walk test, a little know fact.... (as the risk of getting a snotty pm for going off topic :P )

crip's Mr Happy,

i never knew that either - all the karizm's and ultimates i fitted over the years too :rolleyes:

i love this forum - as it just proves even i can learn something :whistle:

regs

alan

I have to agree with lurch...pushing reset wont stop strobe if it was an issue with the bell...is this FAIL TO SET?????????....or is it the siren is u/s and the syste is going off?????? :hmm:

Archived