Security Installer Community

Premicel Problem

arfur mo

hi all,

just thought i'd add a 'fault' note in here, 3 years or so back i fitted a premicell (my only ever one) to a Panasonic KXTD 624, all seemed fine, then i got a complaint that if they dialed out through it occasionally the call failed, but hit redial and it would work fine every time.

:hmm: and :hmm: again! i went through the settings, changed a few got a further call back as it still did it, phoned help line no suggestions foRthcomming.

what the 'problem' actually was and it took a bit of spotting, if the user naturally paused during the dialing sequence then the gsm side dropped the call, it could not handle a natural operator pause.

your mobile only dials when you press the send button so no pause's are caused, using redial removed natural pauses. you only use a forced pause once the call is connected to access answerphones etc.

it might catch someone else out as it did me caused me some severe head scratching and chin rubbing before i sussed it.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Arfur Mo, you may be able to help me out.

We have a Premicell fitted for 2 years with a Vodaphone SIm on a LG PBX. We have just changed to T-Mobile and now when you dial it bleeps about 4 seconds into the dial, (after the numbers have all been imput), then goes through. Sometimes it drops the call after the bleep. It also does this on speed dial so the 'pause' thingy is not the problem.

Any ideas????

Just trying to do my job

Arfur Mo, you may be able to help me out.

We have a Premicell fitted for 2 years with a Vodaphone SIm on a LG PBX. We have just changed to T-Mobile and now when you dial it bleeps about 4 seconds into the dial, (after the numbers have all been imput), then goes through. Sometimes it drops the call after the bleep. It also does this on speed dial so the 'pause' thingy is not the problem.

Any ideas????

hi stuart,

i don't know about LG switche's programming, as i fit mainly Seimans and Panasonic.

i'm no premicell Guru either, but from what you are saying i'd suspect the bleep is being generated from the switch, perhaps due to a feature which has been set accidentally.

so i'd plug in a 2 line handset and type in the 'clear all extension features' code, should find that in the user manual.

another possibility, it's being generated as a signal by the system like you get when you use a specific trunk or LCR. the premicell may have been set up as a trunk group to capture the calls to reps and route through it or see 07's and grabs them, you should be able to turn this warning bleep off.

if i'm right i'd think it was ignored on the previous Vodaphone service or happened only occassionally to upset things, so not noticed before. T-Mobile network might be less tollerant about such noise's but i'm just guessing about this here.

hope it helps - let me know if it did please B)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived