Security Installer Community

Bt Inspiration Help

kevinaskew

We are currently installing a BT Inspiration system at our Hospital Radio Station.

We have connected the cables and powered up the system.

The featurephones now display the following

INSPIRATION

British Telecom

NET BTE 2.49/49

Comms OK

But we can get no further that that, none of the buttons do anything.

Please HELP

Thanks

Kevin Askew

Chairman

Radio Nene Valley

Northampton

Failing Bootup then if all featurephones (i.e. more than 1) showing this.

Power down system, use ASP.

Remove all cable connections, pull all circuits board (including Line PSTN/ISDN, Voicemail, Extension Expansion) out of the system leaving you with 0+6 motherboard only.

Power on system, see if it boots up normally.

If it does, process of elimination to see if you have a bad connection or faulty add-on card/circuit board. Could just be poor connection to motherboard.

Regards

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your advice, I removed all the cards and reinstalled individually. It would appear that the socket on the motherboard for the first expansion card is causing the problem. are there any jumpers etc associated with this connection?

There is a small red led on the motherboard near to what looks like a battery (could be a capacitor) near L1/L2/L3/L4. What does this led indicate?

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your advice, I removed all the cards and reinstalled individually. It would appear that the socket on the motherboard for the first expansion card is causing the problem. are there any jumpers etc associated with this connection?

There is a small red led on the motherboard near to what looks like a battery (could be a capacitor) near L1/L2/L3/L4. What does this led indicate?

Thanks

Kevin

No jumper or switches for it, check for loose wires etc that may be causing a short, give it a good shake.

Try and remake the connection, give it a good push then retry turning on.

Test the expansion board in the other connector.

This way you can prove whether it is just a dodgy connector etc or you have a faulty expansion board.

The Red LED is a status indicator, Flashing is normal operating condition, if it is solid on or off then you have a problem normally at boot-up, I would imagine you are getting solid on currently whilst having the problem.

Regards

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

Archived