Security Installer Community

What Do You Recommend

Guest dunclie

Getting a proffesional system installed has big plus points. You get the correct camera installed in the correct place with the correct lens going back to the correct recorder with the right monitor resolution for the job and backup for when things go wrong.

I hate to disagree with you Dave, but unless I've been in the wrong industry for an awfully long time, I think your confusing a profession with a competence.

Doing something as your job means it is your profession. Doing the job "professionally" should imply that the highest standards of competency are demonstrated at all times. Unfortunately too often they are not :no:

Now we all know that there are some very good installers out there, but can anyone put their hand on their heart and say they've never seen c**p work which was fitted by a fellow professional?

In an ideal world I'd have agreed with you, but on the basis of my personal experience, I would suggest that up to 90% of cameras I've come across have not been correctly profiled and configured, even if the actual standards of installation have been superlative :cry:

I have a cheap webcam and I got remote access. Just need a PCI CCTV card, webserver software and www.dyndns.com.

Not saying you wouldn't be able to install a IP Camera. Just saying they are very expensive for a decent one and I am not sure where you can buy one DIY.

cheers

Dave

Sorry, i miss understood you when i read your posting first. I have a CCTV PCI Card and a "cheap" CCTV Camera..

So could you please explain how i setup my ordinary CCTV camera so i can view it over the internet live .

Thanks

Archived