Security Installer Community

Help!!prob With Menvier Sd1+

Guest stoker

hi all, i'm new to the site and i was wondering if you could give some advice on a problem i'm having with my alarm system. I'm a spark by trade and recently installed a texecom r8 with sd1+ autodialler into my home. The alarm system works fine but dialler just wont trigger, i.ve checked all connections and all seems fine i.e. pos & neg , the trigger into input c (intruder) on dialler, -ve trigger from terminal b on the panel and yet it still wont trigger. I thought it could be something within the programming but couldn't see anything untoward. Any help would be gratefully recieved on this as i've told the wife that it works perfectly :bruce_h4h: look forward to your replies cheers guys. :hmm:

I'm not familiar with Texicom, however things to check on the SD1+

- Jumper set to -ve input *

- 12v constant supply to dialler, if using a seperate PSU, common the negative

- Phone number correctly set, and line intact

- Messages recorded.

- Trigger input connected to switched negative source *

* = not sure if Texecom use a switched -ve to external sounder, if +ve, change jumper position

If all is well, applying a negative trigger should cause the unit to dial out.

Some panel outputs do not go "clean" when in non trigger mode and keep a floating negative present which is just enough to stop the dialer seeing the negative trigger in alarm.

If you have a clean relay out put available no/com/nc then programme relay to alarm follow if its not at default link hard neg to common and dialer trigger to the NO springs this will keep the dialer trigger clean then in alarm aplly the hard neg--that should do it.

Other method is to wire as normal but put a 1Kohm resister from 12v positive to the dialer trigger terminal this will put a hard +ve onto the trig terminal then the hard neg is applyed to trigger and the 1Kohm resister stops a short on the panel!!!!!!!.

"SD1+" doesn't lose memory on power down.

Have you metered the panel output to ensure that on alarm it changes state?

Is the polarity link on the SD1+ correctly placed?

Has the SD1+ been programmed with the necessary phrases and telephone nos?

Does it work when you do a test via the SD1+ itself?

All the above, try feeding the trigger from the bell trigger that way you will know there is a hard neg being applied as the bell will ring too.

If left this way be sure to tell the customer to inform his reciepent numbers a bell test is about to be done(forget that how often do customers do a bell/walk test!).

cheers

hi, thanks for all the replies its appreciated. I've cracked it! or rather secboy did. I found a resistor and connected it between the 12v supply and the trigger input and that seemed to do the trick. cheers secboy! Am i right in saying then, that my panels negative output isn't a true negative, there's a bit of voltage present there and that stops my dialler from detecting the -ve trigger coming from the panel? I just wondered....anyway thanks again all.

Archived